Search results

  1. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    So Hayata is using Antispin and has her pro career cut short because of bad coaching. If only she had you around, it would all be different...
  2. Thoughts on Coach EmRatThich?

    Not overlooking anything so much as saying that video was the reason this thread was resuscitated and I liked the video enough to share it. I pretty much never watch ERT stuff or share it because I consider him to be a bit of a scumbag.
  3. Fantastic match! US Open

    This is still bad logic and not what you originally argued. Are you arguing from the quality of Ronaldo's play to the quality of the Saudi league (which is the argument you made about Kou Lei) or arguing from the quality of the the Saudi league to the quality of Ronaldo's play (a different...
  4. Fantastic match! US Open

    The young players in the league are many. They just haven't become household names or are 2600 players. Ma Jinbao, Eric Jouti, Nikhil Kumar, Adi Sareen, Nandan Naresh, Sid Naresh, Daniel Tran, Darryl Tsao and there are others. The way you see the league depends on your understanding of table...
  5. Thoughts on Coach EmRatThich?

    For me, Golden Viscaria is the same thing as the use of serial codes to claim one blade plays better than another. There are no physical properties of a blade apart from the technique of the user once the blade is well built and consistent.
  6. Fantastic match! US Open

    We are back to this again. Sam Walker plays for Grenzau in Bundesliga. For MLTT: Lebesson, Monteiro, Olah, Pitchford, Provost, Nordus, Lindquist, Kim Taehyun, Ma Jinbao, Kanamitsu. Kasahara, Aida, Angles... all 2700+ players. I probably missed a few. All these players are still playing at a...
  7. Fantastic match! US Open

    Unfortunately the Texas events are out of Houston and that means a 4 hour drive if I can figure it out. I would have done one for sure if I was still in my old East Coast area. I could ask around but other people is not quite the same as you. But I would definitely attend if it was...
  8. Fantastic match! US Open

    This is where we disagree and toeach his own. You wouldn't say such nonsens about CCY. I suspect Kou Lei would still beat most of the Taiwanese national team or give them a good game if sufficiently motivated. Everyone loses, even Quadri lost to a Taiwanese nobody in one match. I am...
  9. Thoughts on Coach EmRatThich?

    You are a Golden Viscaria user so the video is especially for you. Do you find the Golden Viscaria special? I have always thought it was a bunch of nonsense.
  10. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    His main advantage is that he gets to select what he likes (if he doesn't like what it does, he doesn't have to pay to change it, and they send him quite a few) while we just take what we buy. But the point is that there is nothing special about the manufacturing tolerances vs what we get...
  11. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    You haven't seen Zhang Jike's latest video.
  12. Thoughts on Coach EmRatThich?

    Yeah, but still PingSunday made it available to.English-speaking audience lol. But I loved the video too much so I overlooked ERT stealing it lol.
  13. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Not sure what happened but Grenzau is playing a kid and Hugo is exclusively lobbing against the kid lol.... match just ended 0-3...
  14. Looking for best backhand 47.5 / 48 rubber for SALC

    My point is that the equipment doesn't matter so much, go back to your all wood, like I said, I used them for most of my career, my best rating was achieved with all wood blades. But there are clear benefits to carbon if you stop taking the game as one of power and see it as one of spin...
  15. Looking for best backhand 47.5 / 48 rubber for SALC

    Last thing, if you are too busy to get better, practice the appropriate attitude of acceptance. Book a camp at a good club when you are on vacation and have a week or two to practice. After the camp, give yourself 6 months for your level to change (be patient, improvement in TT is hard, even...
  16. Looking for best backhand 47.5 / 48 rubber for SALC

    Thanks for the kind words. My point is that you are basing your opinion on your current mode of play without performing the kind of adaptation required to take advantage of a faster blade. I personally would start most players who have used an Acoustic on an innerforce or a Viscaria or if they...
  17. Looking for best backhand 47.5 / 48 rubber for SALC

    Generating spin is not about hitting the ball hard, generating spin is about working on generating spin. Here is a fairly high level player (definitely USATT 2200+, he wouldn't have played the Lagos Open otherwise unless I am misguided) getting coaching/practice on generating spin. In fact...
  18. Fantastic match! US Open

    I know lots of players who play better in league than internationally and vice versa. League has its own stresses and demands as well as international play. Quadri is in some ways getting better results and making more money as he takes care of himself. Obviously, coming from Africa helps him...
  19. Thoughts on Coach EmRatThich?

    Best ERT video ever lololololol.
  20. Looking for best backhand 47.5 / 48 rubber for SALC

    Find a really good coach at working with adults or find an internet coach if you are so inclined. Improve your ability to generate spin on serves and strokes significantly. Record and watch all your matches and trainings. With the help of a coach or good player, learn what you should be doing...
Top