Search results

  1. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    Any comments from Togami following his loss to Tanigaki? To be fair, Tanigaki has acquitted himself well following the win so it wasn't an obviously bad loss...
  2. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    The other interesting part for me is whether he will be accused of favoring the players with whom he already has a relationship.
  3. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    When I watch Uda vs Shinozuka, I think of the Sith and their apprentice and how they destroy each other to take the position of thr master lol. Obviously it isn't quite true but you can see the guy who replaced Uda on the team. Would have been nice if we had Sora and Shinopi on the same side...
  4. What's the best blade of fan zhendong series?

    People who don't buy lots of similar equipment tend to put differences in performance down to brand. So FZD has supposedly better forehand than Viscaria. In reality, a lot of things other than handle, can drive dissimilar behavior between blades that should be exactly the same., especially...
  5. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    Why is the Hayata Shibata score missing?
  6. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    I have to learn to read foreign names properly lol.
  7. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    Where is that match in Fixpoint's draw?
  8. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    This must be junior boys, right? What stage?
  9. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    Well that looked straightforward.
  10. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    The nature of the tournament should tell people that, there are no easy matches here other than the ones that somehow end up being easy. The qualifiers are mentally warmed up having fought for their positions, the seeds are trying to get into it.
  11. I played a 2150 USATT antispin

    My favorite anti player in the USA is Amir Khan - has absolutely no forehand, not that high rated, but plays with some of the best touch you will ever see from an anti player. Has a wonderful mood and laugh and says his only goal is to make the opponent scratch their head. If they do that, he...
  12. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    Maybe some kind of nickname or alias...
  13. 2025 All Japan (Emperor's/Empress's Cup) 1/21-1/26

    Why the name difference lol?
  14. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Well he did say it wa rarer amongst the men. But the truth is that Qiu admitted juat about everything we needed for my definition of clone. All you need is a high level player to study how another high level player plays and simulate them in practice. Most countries don't have the resources...
  15. Major League Table Tennis (MLTT)

    It worked, as amazing as it sounds - Vivarelli split with two long serves!
  16. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    You can open a thread, just like anyone else can. I suspect pongfugrasshopper or zeio or driversbeat will open one at some point.
  17. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    I believe his name is Tasei - probably not fired so much as replaced, I wouldn't be surprised if he retains a place on the staff if he wants to work with certain players and continues to do so.
  18. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    No hating on zeio for the facts he provides, but there is a clear distinction between facts and opinions. IT's unfortunate that Hayata disappointed you as well, but you could have put those hopes on just about anyone in the Japanese team and you would still be disappointed. Even Harimoto is...
  19. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Xunyao Shi was very prominent in Houston, she was hitting the ball so much when I snuck into the training halls that I am sure she played a ton of matches and ended up on the medal podium... she couldn't just have been cloning Hirano surely... oh, she was really cloning Wang Yidi in preparation...
Top