Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    He beat Xiang Peng. You are in way too much of a rush.
  2. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Shinopi beat Karlsson 3-0 here.... maybe the Japanese coaches just did the lineup wrong?
  3. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Quadri vs Harimoto... time for debates about Asian vs African forehand and maybe the same for backhand lol...
  4. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    No he doesn't. He thinks professional table tennis players like Timo Boll had a life when they were kids. He doesn't realize that whether they were on tour or not, many of them left home to train somewhere away from home in a modified school. No world class level otherwise.
  5. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    As @Robin0910 said, it is the lack of coaching and it tends to work to the disadvantage of the player who relies most on coaching in the result unless the level disparity is just huge.
  6. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    We have seen this story of age without coaching working against younger players in many national teams in the past. This is no different. Japanese Nationals will be a better measure.
  7. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Chen Yo beat the Hayata clone worse than she beat Hayata... says something...
  8. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    It's quite clear to me that the serve always goes behind his head, whether it is always visible I leave for you to determine. Kanak doesn't habitually push long, so you have to infer from that that there was something subtly difficult going on.
  9. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Kanak has a really short backhand countertopspin, the ball is more loaded than it appears to be. edit: There was probably also from very subtle ball hiding from Yoshimura but that is another story...
  10. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    Not quite true, but we are just running around in circles at this point.
  11. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    Bots have massive limitations, but if it is the best you can do, it is what it is. Better than nothing in the worst case, but often still worse than a reasonable amateur feeding multiball,
  12. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    You have a right to your opinion, just as I have a right to mine. IT is not just slower and spinnier, it lacks the structure in terms of sponge and topsheet elasticity that most topspin players require for the modern game so you can send the ball in the direction of your topspin. You can be...
  13. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    It doesn't stop you from being a good player, it just makes things harder and means you need to spend a lot of time retraining some things depending on how you intend to win and lose points. I switched from all wood blades with spinny control rubbers to faster blades with modern rubbers because...
  14. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    I preach soft spin and consistency with am intent to transition to more power and consistency only because I find with adult learners, the problem isn't trying to hit hard, it is how to remain consistent when the hard stuff is missing the table. Those who become enamored with hitting hard...
  15. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    While I didn't start ad old as you, I started in my mid to late 30s, though i was lucky to work with a stronger player/coach who got better as an adult and therefore could give me his own ideas which were different from just be taken through drills as a teenager or child. A lot about equipment...
  16. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    We will see if playing two choppers in a row tires her out for tomorrow. But knowing how the ball slows down when playing choppers and knowing that consistency and ball control were super powers for Zhu, I had zero doubt she would beat the choppers when I saw the draw. Let's see if Tony's...
  17. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    So it goes back to how someone intends to play. The point here is that Rozena has better characteristics than Mark V for someone who wants to play modern table tennis. Since you have more limits playing modern table tennis, your position is understandable. But let's not try to paint it as...
  18. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    Nah, this is not true, the issue here is a property of the rubber. But again, if you want to see how I play, I have posted lots of videos. I cannot play that way with Mark V. I have no doubt about it. I can come closer with Rozena. It isn't entirely a speed thing. It is a matter of spin...
  19. New Equipment -- Budding EJ

    I haven't played with either in a while but the feeling of Rozena was also very different and was along the lines of how one would play with Tenergy. Mark V ,I used to like a lot as I played as a blocker and hitter with slower blades for a bit but my game with it was not power looping. The...
  20. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    While it is a good win, Yokoi is not the player on the level that Hayata would be troubled by when she was prime. It starts and the Diaz/Szocs/Odo!/Harimoto/Shin level, basically top 10 maybe 20.
Top