Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was looking for more speed - probably didn't need it but I was looking for it - that I changed the rubber from D80 to D05 shows I took the edge off a little - I can definitely play with D80 on it, but I don't like the style I was forced to play and I played the Teams tournament with D05 and I...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have set up a USATT league for my "home club", which is 45 minutes from where I live. We finally played our first rated league on Friday night. Weather depressed attendance but 5 players made it. I was second seeded in the group of 5 but probably more realistically the third best player...
  3. Major League Table Tennis (MLTT)

    That was a stark contrast between the regular matches and the Golden Game. Texas thought thorugh the matchups more seriously than Princeton did and Naresh came through bigtime...
  4. Be honest guys: you don't need carbon blades

    You probably don't make contact in the right part of the blade all the time. When using all wood, you must be precise with your contact on every shot, with carbon, you have more margin for variety. The truth is that no one knows exactly what anyone else is using, wood and production quality...
  5. Real man play real table-tennis with real forehand.

    So amongst players who take the ball off the bounce and stay close to the table, who has a better forehand? Whose forehand would you take over Felix for his playing style? What "weaknesses" does Felix have with his forehand that are not a function of age or holding the table?
  6. Be honest guys: you don't need carbon blades

    Most people who talk about carbon blades aren't talking about slower carbon blades but regardless, wood blades aren't exclusively about overall speed but about the nature of the sweet spot which also affects blocking. Even pros who don't like carbon still use blades with a composite to make...
  7. Be honest guys: you don't need carbon blades

    Since I came to this thread late and there is new material that some may not be aware of that bears on the subject, here is a brilliant but not that often cited video from Tabletennis11.com. it enables you to understand the true impact of fast equipment. For context, do realize that the worse...
  8. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    He is just trolling the contrast with Sora's expression is obvious.
  9. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Sometimes, we complain about all Chinese finals but what we got today was a struggle to entertain lol. While I remember a lot of memorable all Chinese finals from even last year lol.
  10. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    No. I don't know what tour you are watching but stop it already.
  11. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Her bestie also got boko-bokoed to be fair...
  12. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    It would make a plot for a good movie if China and Japan exchanged junior WTTC champions and we could see what each country put the players through and where they ended up after the exchange program. Kihara was beating Kuai Man or at least competitive when they were juniors. Then they go...
  13. Real man play real table-tennis with real forehand.

    Anyone who says Felix has a weak forehand has the luxury of high standards and should not be taken too seriously. And yes, Xu Xin is included. That Felix has a really strong backhand and sets up to win many points with it is not a comment on his forehand at all, taking forehands early and off...
  14. Be honest guys: you don't need carbon blades

    Not necessarily. If you decide how you want to win points, it becomes clearer that some blades are better suited than others and you can use rubber changes or just accept the blade and keep with it for two or more years. It also helps to be using something a player you respect uses so you can...
  15. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Maybe with Timo's retirement, Groth can stop playing with impostor syndrome... definitely.not a quality problem...
  16. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    It's a common call amongst players, even Ma Long called ir on Pitchford erroneously once. It is something ITTF can either address with video review or let go. There is no real sportsmanship component to it, it is something that the IztTF gas to rule on similar to the double hitting rule, I...
  17. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Kuai Man has the impression of overtrained precision and control whenever I watch her. It is sometimes ridiculously impressive how the shots are combined to make the opponent miss.
  18. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Let's stop being silly here. You don't call youth a failure until it is way too late. That's my point. By this standard, Hayata was already a failure in 2020. Is he disappointing, sure. The bottom line is that he has another 8 years to get it right. This is hopefully my last post on...
  19. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    I am talking about Sora Matsushima's development. You are obviously talking about something else.
  20. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    Uda is 6 years older than Sora. Shinozuka is 4 years older. Let's stop retiring them in diapers please.
Top