Search results

  1. Dawn's First Win in the League!!! I'm so proud of Her !!

    Hopefully this will inspire all non-TT-playing wives and girlfriends all over the world to play TT...
  2. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Many matches look like that between players of different levels. Rarely affects the outcome. Can affect a game usually.
  3. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Hagberg is at best 2600, and i think he had injuries as well in recent years. He isnt even good enough to be in the current MLTT. You can have your opinion, but this was never going to be a match with the result in doubt.
  4. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    That was never going to be a match. Still haven't seen a match of Tonin anywhere....
  5. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Yes, I think age is a bigger factor.
  6. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    It has always been a question how he maintained his level while he stayed in the US. But this kind of player was always within his range so I don't think it is purely about lack of training.
  7. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Something like this happened last year I believe.
  8. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Yes and no. It is a best of seven for a reason and the margin of losing is often a sign of the tactics that got you that point, but not a sign of tactics that have not yet been tried, which is why such reversals are alwaus possible between equal level opponents in best of sevens.
  9. Zhang Jike signs with Donic

    Money is always the key.
  10. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Congrats, hope the sandbaggers didn't ruin your fun (well to get that far, you usually have to be sorta a sandbagger...)
  11. WTT Star Contender Doha 2025 - 6-11 Jan 2025

    She lost to a player who had a chance of winning the event. It might not be as bad as you thought.
  12. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    So the U1700 Adult final was just streamed live - the lady who won it registered for the tournament with a rating of 660 and got to a rating of 1409 before the tournament. From my visual estimate, she is easily closer to 2000 at least and hasn't lost a match in any of the events she registered...
  13. Attacking Long Pip Players like Ni Xia Lian and Zhou Xintong... but at the amateur level?!

    It is hard to hit a ball with long pips that compares to topspin, especially on video. The attack is just more disturbing because it doesn't spin the way inverted does. Developing the technique is not impossible, but it requires a good and willing hitting partner or a good and patient coach...
  14. Attacking Long Pip Players like Ni Xia Lian and Zhou Xintong... but at the amateur level?!

    What do you mean by amateur? Non-professionals who hit with pips (especially on backhand) are not that uncommon. Dickie Fleisher has done so for a very long time in the USA. I had a friend who was also more offensive, but he has now started chopping so I am trying to convince him to go back...
  15. Back/Side injury from forehand - Common or unlucky?

    Back issues are common for people without the right muscles to support their technique. Especially if and when you herniate a disc in your spin. It is worse and more common in older players, but young people can have the problems too especially if they overuse the core and back without using...
  16. Playing with two black rubbers

    In practice you can do whatever you want as long as your opponent is okay with it. I usually just play in practice matches since they are for practice. In sanctioned or competitive events, your opponents might be more stringent as I would be, about the rules.
  17. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    The problem isn't purely accuracy - I believe though I haven't checked in a while that there is a rule that ITTF rankings have to take precedence over local rankings for ITTF/WTT ranking events and I think the US Open has traditionally conferred some ranking points for ITTF. So Amy's ranking...
  18. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    The ratings estimate for some of these players are jokes. Women can be over 2600 people! But I guess Amy's ranking/rating sets a limit on what is reasonable. But everyone and their unborn children and dead ancestors know that Ando is a stronger player than Amy. No way many of these...
Top