Search results

  1. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    I know people who speak to Fan Zhendong. Let's just say you have no clue what you are taking about and the amount self-torture he puts himself through.
  2. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Winning a grand slam is a big deal in tennis, especially after multiple failures at the French. And Wang said the same in table tennis?
  3. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Thiem succumbed to a wrist injury, similar to Del Potro but I don't want to get into that. Major in tennis is very different from TT. I find the analogy wrong, but for me the main thing is that Wang has not won anything of substance, even the far more accomplished Fan Zhendong felt that way...
  4. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    When did he win the World Cup? Those things are not considered major trophies in China. Only the WTTC and the Olympics and to a lesser degree, the World Cup. Even after Wang Manyu won the WTTC in 2021, Xiao Zhan said "It has been done before", as if to tell her that there is still work to do...
  5. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Yeah, this is also possibly a case where the table behaves a bit differently from what Wang is used to for containing spin. Usually China preps for such things, but maybe there was a gap in doing so for this event.
  6. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    I meant Ma Long playing against WCQ. I meant Kallberg played like Ma Long.
  7. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    His personal coach has probably continued to abuse him. I will let them figure it out, my opinion is that he needs more adaptations and techniques, but Kallberg is really strong, it is easy to overlook how perfectly he played, Ma Long couldn't have done much better. China is so not used to...
  8. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Remind us what Wang won to make this analogy work...
  9. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    This is the kind of Kallberg match I have been waiting for for 3 years!
  10. Counterloop practice

    On people saying there is no need to practice this shot, in my experience, you would be surprised by the people whose blocks suck who are actually monsters at this. It is actually one of the things I would encourage someone to try because if they can do it pushing long becomes a weapon not a...
  11. Counterloop practice

    For all the flack you have gotten, the drill is decent. Try to shorten the stroke, you are backswinging with your arm, not your upper body. Play from the elbow not the shoulder - good luck.
  12. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Where do you guys wager? I need to get in on the action lol...
  13. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Everyone is having disputes over what words mean in English, his post validates everything I wrote and he says everyone is wrong. Let's just move on, please, someone is always wrong on the internet these days and when corrected, they always think they are right. This is a great tournament.
  14. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    Dima is the one player I trust to take this to game 5.
  15. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    An amazing match, probably the best Women's match of the event so far.
  16. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    LYJ is a lefty, it makes a bigger difference for him than for other players. Even Wang often does the same.
  17. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    I apologize to TTD for getting involved in any of this. I am out.
  18. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2024

    These kinds of arguments are unfortunate. There were multiple events that the team got together for as preparation for the 2024 Olympics. After all. He had to get to be Alexis doubles partner and Pavade's XD partner. All the pros i have ever discussed TT with tell me that hitting with a...
Top