Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Lowering the body with the legs and sometimes a bow. and then pushing out of it with the legs vs backspin. without it, lowering and lifting the arm doesn't get you good quality driving the ball forward and results in a more upward ball which may not be what you want and it is harder to loop...
  2. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    She is just a nervous wreck - she is capable of much better.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The squat is the biggest difference between looping backspin and topspin on the backhand side. Without it, the technical quality is night and day.
  4. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    Odo is a nervous wreck and all Manika's tricks are working lol.
  5. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    Ayhika might have cost herself the match by not knowing the rules on double hits.
  6. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    Odo is probably their best allround player against pips (even over Ito having watched her all these months). Ito, while she should win, can struggle with Surtitha's power and hitting. Surtitha is one of the physically strongest players in women's TT with her ball quality.
  7. Jun Mizutani ZLC Dignics 05 and D64

    The master uses Dignics 80 on both sides. Good luck with your choice.
  8. Why do I suck at Table Tennis?

    Ever heard the statement attributed to Keynes that in the long run, we are all dead? Taking shifts in mental perspective too literally is a weakness IMHO. The main thing we do is use the phrase to keep what we are doing in context. Something like it is true in individual sports at all levels...
  9. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    So you are looking at it as if more rest would have given PRK a better chance to win and that more rest made SYS play better? Okay. Then I will let people decide for themselves if that played a major role in this match. That makes more sense.
  10. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    I don't think you are trying to hear the argument so at this point, I will bow out in peace. Originally I agreed with you but them I realized that the last two matches would always be the same. Again, the reason ABC is better is because the A player has a chance to set the tone. If the A...
  11. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    Yes, but the reason why China was on the back foot was that their ace lost early. The reason why ABC is an advantage is because your ace tends to win early. This is not the scenario where ABC was an advantage, in the particular scenario that we saw today, ABC was probably a disadvantage...
  12. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    I forgot to bring this up: Ayhika not being picked for the Olympics after she beat Sun Yingsha was a topic of discussion in India. To me given how the team was structured, it made perfect sense. However, her performance today gives much more room for such questions to be asked again.
  13. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    I don't think they were. Why would a different order have favored PRK? This order favored them unless you think Wang Yidi would have lost in a different order somehow. The last two matchs were always going to be the same.
  14. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    I don't think 2-5 was a good enough score before SYS changed sides. But I have never wanted Sun Tingsha to lose - surprisingly I am rooting for PRK just to see Wang Yidi vs LP in game 5. Are the TT gods watching?
  15. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    Harimoto and Hayata: if China can be surprised, why couldn't we be?
  16. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    Family issue had her sent back to China. CXT is supposed to replace her but likely hasn't arrived yet.
  17. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    I also find it interesting that as Harimoto gets conpletedly deserted by teammates, the Kazakhstan juniors are coming into their own and the country is cheering them like they are superstars. Probably pure coincidence and maybe home cooking is the best explanation.
Top