Search results

  1. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    Lin Shidong? Liang Jingkun? You serious?
  2. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    Wang Manyu's backhand is so strong - I wonder whether He would have a better chance against someone like Sun Yingsha though there, she is probably outmatched on all fronts as well.
  3. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    And then Chen Meng wonders where her gold would be if she agreed with zeio...
  4. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    Yeah but the scoreline will say something because as I watch the matches, He is much more aggressive than I remember though I haven't seen her in a while admittedly. Her present playing speed might very well trouble Wang.
  5. Footwork..

    Adjusting playing distance is not a trivial thing since the distance you play from is often tied to the distance you rally from either in practice or in most matches. Your instinctive blocks close to the table (and you have a lot of them) would need to become a bit more active and you might...
  6. Footwork..

    Yeah, but look at where you hit the shot and look at what it does to the angle of play and how it challenges your anticipation. It is true this is a lefty so that probably made you want to avoid the forehand but in reality, the wide forehand is a weak point for *both* players if hit from the...
  7. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    He admitted to being inspired by Ito's approach. Amazing and food for thought.
  8. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    Some of the dumbest table tennis I have seen Harimoto play - he really needs to work on his mindset. Long serves, repeatedly opening to the backhand after Truls had proven he could counter with the punch... good match but dumb play.
  9. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    Whatever you think of Hari-boy and Truls, they have improved their weak sides SOOO much...
  10. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    SHW reminds us that age is a number... for choppers!
  11. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    where are these bets taken? I need to get in on the action.
  12. Footwork..

    It took me a long time to appreciate the obsession with footwork. I am still of the opinion that most players can play decently well without it, and that it is at the advanced levels that footwork issues truly show up. I know someone who believes the reason I can get away with this is that I...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In the end, i would say that just let the results determine what you play best with. Even with Dignics 80, my short pushing is noticeably worse and I tend to drive more no spin balls long. I also struggle to out spin some lower rated players who would just back off my ball when I used stickier...
  14. Why is Ma Long so good?

    Give Wang Liqin the plastic ball and no speed glue and we can discuss.
  15. Asking for Strategy against these 2 Players

    Lightworks is not very simple but you can use youtube to learn it and it can be used to create what you want for free.
  16. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    I clearly spoke too soon.
  17. China Smash 2024, Beijing, 9/26-10/6

    Zhu Chengzhu looks well prepared to loop that chop today. She seems to have worked to close out this gap in her game.
  18. Perform in multiball but not in game

    In a match, you rarely get the same serve over and over again every 5 seconds or so. To simulate match practice, after doing some block drills like practicing against a specific serve, you have to have your server mix up spins and location so you can practice skills closer to what would happen...
Top