As someone who liked the YSE, I don't encourage lateral blade moves either. Your blade is fine. If you want to try a thicker 5 ply, a 7 ply, or a carbon blade, sure. But same blade speed is just changing lanes with no real difference.
The human body is a weird machine. My body is full of aches and pains but when I want to go play TT, I push out something into my bloodstream that makes feel no pain. Not good.
I went to hit with my coach who is back in school. He said that compared to last year, he sees a jump in my...
BTW, Britt Eerland takes 2 games off Yokoi - wish I could see that. Repeating for the umpteenth time I am happy she is back, we need such quality players in Europe. Wish she had won though.
Anyone who can loop all long balls is well beyond 1500. Same with responding to difficult balls in more than one way. In fact bringing back difficult balls is enough to get you 1500.
So today was a tournament day. I wanted to support the local tournament and entered 3 events. U2150, U1900 and the giant round robin. I wasn't sure whether it was smart to play with a bigger and more critical event a week away but I am an addicted TT nerd so who cares... peaking is for pros...
My conclusion watching pros and matches is that above the 1800 level, everyone is doing the same old stuff, they just do it better and faster and with higher ball quality. And when just about anything you do becomes overwhelming relative to the level you usually play at, if you can introduce it...
One of my friends (he also posts here, @Brs) said that when he went to a coaching camp in Europe to train, he was told by the instructors that they wouldn't work with him in volleyball shoes and that he needed to wear table tennis shoes to get the value out of the lessons. I thought initially...
I believe OP is over 60, though the answer I would give him is still the same. I just tried ro make it more relevant. Another possibility (not sure it is available to him) is to find and play a 2000+ level player and coach on a regular basis and try to play longer rallies. Getting more...
The thing is that it isn't really "drills". It is doing things that win points and figuring out how to stop the things that people use to win points against you. While I agree with @Jslick89 that how you develop your game might make it harder to get better, the truth is that as long as you...
Improving is more about developing ways that are adequate to win points vs the level of opposition you need to beat. There are quite a few reasonable ways to improve up to 1500, most of them are not about quality drills. Serve and third ball attack behind your key serves should be the main...
It's a 100% valid approach. It isn't without risk though just like anything in TT.
Story: Kristian Karlsson changed to Hurricane for a while as a developing player to work on his forehand. The challenge with changing is that sometimes, habits are developed that may not translate. So you need...
Money and success are always relative. If her brother is doing interesting stuff at NASA, maybe she can see a path in her studies to things far greater than she can get to in TT. She is already an Olympian. What is the next step? Multiple? She wants a medal. If the medal is too far away...
Yes. I wrote about it a while back, you may have missed it. I think it was Paris TT13 or something like that.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/daily-table-tennis-chit-chat.13168/post-467994