Search results

  1. Method to learn Chiquita with opposite sidespin

    It is basically an over the table backhand fade vs underspin/sidespin.
  2. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    I believe Calderano has dual citizenship (Portugal) but I could be wrong.
  3. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    The line up with Togami, Calderano and Gauzy will be scary and I guess that is what they are using to pacify the fans. But all matches count lol.
  4. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Definitely. Dima was a staple of the league before the sanctions. You have to play for a country without any strong economic political affiliations to NATO to still be playing in Russia.
  5. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Thanks for the extra context. I watched the post match interviews and figured out it was the coach. He actually played the full match today VS Steger and got annihilated. Not sure what is ailing Gauzy on the bench. But the coach should have played the full match for sure.
  6. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Yeah. But what he did to deserve it was serious so I do not entirely mind and he did have a good Olympics regardless as round of 16 is still easily a record for US men's singles.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Fast pushes to the backhand, develop your ability to squat and use a very fast finger oriented brush and do not crowd the table. Ideally you want to take the ball in front of you but if you crowd the table because you are used to slower pushes, you will juat be jammed. As you face better...
  8. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Kanak beats both Franziska and Jorgic to lead his team over Saarbrucken!
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well I juat got the x-ray but no interpretation. I am in good spirits all things considered, I have been playing more table tennis than even on some of my most TT driven periods ans I have been doing it at a more athletic level than I typically did even with my limitations. So I interprete...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The headliner is that I sprained and likely fractured my right foot chasing the ball while wearing my drippiest table tennis shoes for the first time in months on the grippy floors at Austin. I was playing warm up table tennis matches (well warm up in description but really matches for bragging...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    At a certain point, adjust to spin really comes down to adjusting to the amount of power on the ball and taking the ball later or earlier with good timing. Most powerful and spinny half long sidespin serves can be returned by letting the ball kick and then looping it after it has kicked.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Haha, maybe. Man makes the money, money never makes the man.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    @Gozo Aruna, I know you are joking to give us a fuller picture but even if this is not for you, please stop this desire not to show supposedly embarassing scores or moments. Most of the people who will watch and comment on the videos will not focus on the score but the quality of play within...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As an adult learner, you can and should work on your technique and practice anything you enjoy. It is good to work with high level players and coaches and get their insights and see what you can implement. IMHO, a lot of the stuff that kids learn later like finger use and wrist subtleties...
  15. Dignics 05 1.9 or 2.1?

    Not all uncut rubbers are the same size. Dignics series other than 09c is pretty light.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I am preparing for another event this weekend. I worked with my coach on some things. We are trying to shorten my stroke. One of the interesting things that came up was my Karate follow through (heel coming off the ground) on some of my forehand strokes. He said he wanted the weight...
  17. Which Blade is 80% similar to Butterfly Sardius?

    The Sardius because of its oversized head shape is IMHO a notch more controllable than the name and rep might advertise. Despite the technical differences, I would still go with the Carbospeed, but in the end, these are all personal choices and individual blades do have differences.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My coach is trying to do the opposite in theory but not really. I haven't seen you play, but I am surprised if the issue is the size of your arm usage. Moreover, even a straight arm loop requires forearm snap AFAIK. That said, my coach has been trying to teach me to shorten my backswing with...
  19. Dignics 05 1.9 or 2.1?

    Don't know about durability but it is pretty much the same with imperceptibly less spin and more speed, the blocks and counters are a bit more forgiving.
  20. Which Blade is 80% similar to Butterfly Sardius?

    Primorac Carbon All of the above are reasonable, I would start with the Carbospeed.
Top