Search results

  1. How does the German League do it?

    Just watched the TTBL match: TSV Bad Königshofen - Borussia Düsseldorf (TTBL, 2023/24) and was looking at how loud the fans were at the end of the match and in between points and cheering for their players. How does the German League get so many people enthusiastic about live table tennis...
  2. 2024 WTT Contender Taiyuan 5/21-5/26

    That is interesting - might just be to preserve energy for singles play though. I think we sometimes underestimate the toll playing in multiple events at once can have on players because they do it so relatively well.
  3. 2024 WTT Contender Taiyuan 5/21-5/26

    Different continents, a lower tier that would historically have limited the top players who could play in either event if not for this Olympic year exemption, and Olympic qualification events on both continents that make the events more accessible to players already on those continents - to me...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Buy and use edge or gaffer tape on blades you really like. It really helps with the intensity of those dings. The blade will likely play fine unless the composite layer is cracked across the whole blade. So it is more aesthetic than anything else.
  5. Other candidates for GOAT

    Stern I think has a hand in that so I get what you mean better now.
  6. Other candidates for GOAT

    Michael Jordan is also debatable stats wise, it is his influence on popularity that isn't. I think Tom Brady is as close as it gets in the modern NFL stats wise. Still stats always need narratives. Ma Long still carries the Wang Hao and plastic ball monkey. But it is just hard to debate his...
  7. ETTU European Olympic Singles Qualification 2024

    Have always considered him to have one of the best forehands in the world even for a pro.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    All you really need is a box of 3* balls from each of the brands that are used in the tournaments you play. And then the week of the tournament, use them. Thia was a problem in the celluloid ball days as well, just not as massive as the plastic ball early days. And of course now, so many...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The guy who won the A Event mentioned it as part of the reason he went down 0-2 before coming back. So no, it isn't in anyone's head, we all need to read the entry form and see what the tournament balls are and use them to practice when we intend to play.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I went to a club in Austin about 2.5 hrs from where I live to play a tournament. I got to town on Friday night but turns out the club closes early on Friday the night before an event so I couldn't play any matches or get good practice. Went in this morning but was too late to get good...
  11. New racket after a break - T05 or Dignics?

    I actually find T05 best on outer carbon blades for rallying. Because the spin activates early, you know you will always get a quality shot, while a rubber that gives you more touch with slower bounce and less spin on softer shots might not get you quality if you don't get into position to play...
  12. WTT 2024 feeder events

    Don't worry it is all in my head. Good to see them back on tour again.
  13. New racket after a break - T05 or Dignics?

    I have seen guys beat me up with FX rubbers - no hatorade here, I love the idea.
  14. New racket after a break - T05 or Dignics?

    I definitely understand how you come to this perspective and I like it. I think the early activation of Tenergy can work for both amateurs and pros. I find it interesting how equipment analysis works sometimes. We treat features of rubbers as absolute strengths and weaknesses sometimes based...
  15. New racket after a break - T05 or Dignics?

    Common misconception: "Faster rubber is for amateurs."
  16. WTT 2024 feeder events

    Are my eyes deceiving me, or have Hashimoto and Sato, especially Hashimoto, grown much older and leaner? Or is it just new hairstyles affecting their looks?
  17. New racket after a break - T05 or Dignics?

    And pros. I know 2400-2600 players who still use Viscaria with T05 or just regular T05.
  18. WTT 2024 feeder events

    Both Yuta and Frane are surprise finalists. Frane has a shown a high level when younger. Just not extremely consistent.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I played with 4 different set ups today. Setup 1: MJ SZLC with Skyline 2 commercial both sides. Setup 2: CC with H3 40 Degrees provincial both sides. Setup 3: BSS1 with Tronix ZGR both sides. Setup 4: Mazunov with H3 hard commercial both sides. Played one of my usual training partners over...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh, I did try Skyline2 on the MJ SZLC - the problem is that I didn't have a chance to play singles with it. I have a tournament this weekend, but I will be playing with my standard setups, will be interesting to see how that goes...
Top