Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was happy until I listened to dingyibvs, latej and you. I will cut off my ears and go back to being happy again :ROFLMAO:. More seriously, Golden Tango did scratch my itch and I suspect I might try some of those Gewo rubbers that are along the same lines. But right now, I will just stick...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am thinking after remembering recent post yesterday - to boost Hurricane or not?? Because I might be costing myself some speed and spin on my shots. IT's all good. Focus on movement and technique first!
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Come on, without flame wars, moderators wouldn't have jobs! But seriously, I understand what Tony means as a very active and sometimes contentious poster. One reason I would cut Tony huge slack is that he is not doing it anonymously and that raises his difficulty bar significantly. Being...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks, Carl. One of the things that is underappreciated about moderation is how thankless it is. When I originally saw Tony's post, I just assumed that you were too busy to even deal with it and it wasn't you. And as a moderator at mytt, my own approach and feeling has always been that...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Okay - thanks - not downloading the app unfortunately.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Not really, some people like the diversity - I used to try to spin everything, but even with Hurricane, I am doing more flat hits now because the speed and variation can affect some players more than spin.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    where is the link??
  8. Forgetting form during games

    Have your coach shout it out to you all the time? I know world class players who have had this problem so you are not alone. Do your best, but don't be too harsh to yourself about it.
  9. Saudi Smash 2024

    https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Ufdsya2JY1bYSQvw/?mibextid=xCPwDs
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think it is also because you and I largely hold the table, when you go further back, the ability to get good fast power with short stroke especially if you play flat is more difficult, someone like Quadri could never use sticky on his backhand, he likes to punch and block on backhand a lot and...
  11. Other candidates for GOAT

    Not for me, but his case would obviously be stronger. First real high level RPB in TT and still not quite duplicated. But as I argued elsewhere, as a backhand player on the CNT, he was very unique and a precursor of Zhang Jike and Fan Zhendong.
  12. Other candidates for GOAT

    I find the dismissal of Kong Linghui and Zhang Jike's contributions interesting, especially when players like Timo Boll and Xu Xin are being discussed as if they had major contributions (they really don't). I think Ma Lin has a case but not quite the way you made it, and when you make it...
  13. Other candidates for GOAT

    In which case then he has to win 3 Olympic Teams and 2 Olympic Singles to catch ML by that standard.
  14. Why does the vast majority of top pros use ALC instead of ZLC?

    It clearly was the 40+ ball, just about everyone using a Korbel or some all wood precious favorite went to something faster or an innerforce with carbon kick - it did begin with the 40mm ball but the 40+ just ended the discussion for many more players - some compromised and stopped at 7 plies...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, fix it. You hit the ball in the air sometimes if not all the time, but must land on the left foot. Sometimes the left foot crosses the right foot (cross footwork), sometimes it doesn't (semi-cross).
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No apologies, I just don't think to hard about equipment, I like wasting money on it and having an opinion on it, but I know that most of the playing level I want to get to is based on skills so equipment is usually an experiment in curiosity. I just have never really enjoyed playing with...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I really do not understand what you are talking about :D... like I said, it might not be best for me, but I do what I like to do lol. I did buy a 38 degree OS and a 41 degree BS for a test one day but I haven't decided when to finalize and put on a blade.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't back off the table and I have become too addicted to stickiness to play without it unless I am forced to. Backhand topspin is also a level-relative strength, probably nothing special to a pro, but for a player at my level, most people are pushing when I am spinning.
  19. Why does the vast majority of top pros use ALC instead of ZLC?

    Most pros can also generate their own spin though - a lot comes to what you just like.
Top