Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If I used 37 degree sponge and I boosted it, I would probably hate the result. Just buy Rakza Z instead and call it a day if that is what you want to do.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    where is the link?
  3. Why does the vast majority of top pros use ALC instead of ZLC?

    ZLC is for plastic ball, ALC is for celluloid ball. Just kidding...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Just reach out to Carl - that said, this is a TT Forum, we stay safer as a TT forum when we stick to TT and avoid politics though that is hard when politics is a part of international life and TT is an international sport in the deepest way.
  5. Side spin theory

    Reverse pendulum and attacking with the forehand is more common than you realize, unless you mean reverse pendulum and like to pivot when the ball comes to the backhand, that is pretty rare if the serve is into the forehand, but also not that uncommon if the serve is into the backhand. IF I...
  6. Saudi Smash 2024

    I have been notoriously posting on forums for almost 14 years and have met a lot of people including Dan in person. I am hardly nameless or faceless. You just don't know who I am, but if you investigated, you would find out fairly quickly. I have shared videos of my play numerous times on the...
  7. Side spin theory

    And I came across a question, for the 3rd ball attacks if you want to hit with your FH, it's better to do a Pendulum serve so the most common reply is for the opponent to go AGAINST the spin and change the spin so the ball with come more to your FH side. A different way to think about it is...
  8. Saudi Smash 2024

    The thing is this for me at least - whatever you feel of Tony's posts, he is a known person with identifiable name and address making his contributions to table tennis. I am always wary of people like you who attack people like him and remain nameless, faceless etc. and then continue to act...
  9. Ma Long will not play 2024 Olympic singles

    https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/why-did-china-not-field-wang-manyu-after-she-saved-them-against-india.33128/post-459333
  10. Advice to improve my game.

    I played Marius a lot when I lived in NJ, so I know how he plays and how awkward his style is and very often, as a lower rated player, when you beat a higher rated player for the first time (and in some cases, only time), it happens under similar circumstances, you change something and they keep...
  11. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    They probably have sufficient access to get all the training partners where they need to be and are juat making sure they have the best team in case a fragile player gets injured.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    To be fair, it is not just you, even players better than you have the same attitude. I teach them how to block with (directional) control and they are like "won't that be easy for the opponent to attack" and I tell them, sometimes, the problem is not the opponent attacking, the problem is you...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My online coach back then had me doing pivot and cross shadow footwork as daily exercise. It was funny how one day, I used the semi-cross in a tournament in a tight situation and people said that was a lucky forehand lol.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I put the Tronix on my Trinity and the initial spin tests had me excited. Then I got to the table and I started reliving the experience I had using Dignics 05 after having used hybrids for a period - it took a lot of practice to get used to the ball again and setting racket angles early and the...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I wouldn't go that far with "almost impossible", but yes, the reliability is beautiful and I suspect that if my knees heal, I can get to 2100 with my current setups. The thing is that I played with Mark V and I could see that Hurricane unboosted is way better than Mark V. Ultimately, I just...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Gotta master the cross and semi-cross step. Fang Bo has a video on it that tells you to ,backswing before you move, but even before that, I had some coaching on that, you have to hit the ball in the air and land into ready position/rebalance with a step.
  17. Help with blade

    If cost is not an issue, try the Mizutani Jun Super ZLC or the Amultart ZLC or even the ZJK/LYJ/FZD SZLC - those are the fastest looping non-Tamca 5000 blades that Butterfly has and all have some more control than the Primorac Carbon. If you definitely need more control, then try the Viscaria...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I tend to use 40-41 degrees, but honestly, I don't know whether it is good for me or not, it is just what made the most sense since most of my ESN rubbers are 50+ and Golden Tango and Rakza Z EH which I both liked were around 54 degrees. And I also know a penholder who uses 42 degrees on a YEO...
  19. Ma Long will not play 2024 Olympic singles

    It should be tomorrow.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My late coach told me that I started coaching too early and that it would depress my playing level because I would get too used to giving people balls they could hit rather than looking for balls thar cused damage. I get what he meant just as you described. I suspect though that the bigger...
Top