Search results

  1. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    The slice shot against incoming backspin you mean. Not against incoming topspin. People who don't know you don't know you are trolling on purpose.
  2. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Yes this is correct, but is entirely dependent on the incoming spin and is rarely if ever "heavy". I agree that reading the ball as if it is an inverted ball is the biggest problem, but that is not just about spin inversion but about the float ball as well.
  3. Is any current top player better than prime Ma Long (2015-2017)?

    These things are all debates, but the GOAT in his prime doesn't necessarily mean the highest level of play ever achieved. I still consider the single best tournament ever played to be Waldner in 1997 in Manchester (won all his matches without dropping a game). And I also rate 2011 Ma Long...
  4. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Usually, it would kill the spin on the ball - it is a chop block that produces heavy underspin, it is hard to hit a topspin ball with pips and create heavy backspin. In any case, you are the expert in what you have experienced, thanks for sharing.
  5. WTT 2024 feeder events

    I thought Yokoi would avenge the last tournament but alas, after going up 2-0 and I Stopped watching, I find she lost 2-3. Seriously? Odo, whenever I watch her, I keep seeing a smaller Hirano and for my mental attitude, I think it works.
  6. WTT 2024 feeder events

    No, not really, JackWong just has disappeared. WCT has been very consistent, including the Asian Games bronze and the last WTTTC in Busan. Ultimately, you can't play the Teams event when you don't have a Team, even when you yourself don't lose any matches.
  7. WTT 2024 feeder events

    That's one rationalization. That said, he can and does score points of his serves and now he can clearly loop kill loose returns. But the serve itself doesn't scare anyone and it is all various pendulums and straight backspin no spin combos and I can't remember the last time I saw him serve...
  8. WTT 2024 feeder events

    I think he has always done that as far as I can remember. But my memory may be faulty - he still has those very basic serves that somehow work well for him.
  9. WTT 2024 feeder events

    Tanaka has shown he can beat WCQ so he doesn't have to worry about the rest of the world ;)
  10. WTT 2024 feeder events

    It was complete domination, Shinopi did try some short topspin serves in game 2 thar made it interesting but on the whole, Kanak annihilated him for that level of play
  11. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    What I like about Wakkibaty's post is the reminder that to grow a sport, you need to build industry around it. Is tennis really that much more TV friendly than table tennis is? I am not entirely sold. Not even sure football/soccer is that entertaining either if you come to it as an adult and...
  12. Zhang Jike new role as a coach

    Did you see the video on how his father trained him to develop topspin by looping a ball on a string? What did you think about that?
  13. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Probably not - too much conservatism built into the sport. Yes, if I had the sport, I would limit the speed of equipment and go back to grass roots hard bat or limited old school Mark V.
  14. Zhang Jike new role as a coach

    Anyone who has ever heard Zhang Jike's post match commentaries from the days Zeio used to translate them will agree that if Zhang Jike wants to coach, he will be a good coach. He always sounded very thoughtful and reasonable when assessing the challenges. I haven't watched a lot of his...
  15. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    I find it impossible to detect SJAN and yet you do it with ease! Wow...
  16. He Zhi Wen v Felix Lebrun - grandpa still got it!

    Isn't this a year or two old? And didn't grandpa lose the rematch?
  17. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    It's a global issue not just an English issue. TT needs a kick in the butt at a level beyond anything that is specific to just the TT environment in every country.
  18. Want to improve need Feedback!

    If they see it, then you may not be selling the trajectory or your backspin may be too light for them to fee the difference, in which casei would encourage you to get yout straight backspin heavy enough that the difference with no spin is significant. But as you said, regardless of what they...
  19. World Cup 2024

    I guess maybe this way they save time. Maybe it was as an alternative to not eliminating deuce points. The draw thing might just bring a new feeling to TT, but I know a league that played something like this in Pittsburgh, maybe that is why I am not yet nauseated.
  20. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    He did not, he answered your question perfectly. He pointed to a specific point in the video that illustrated Dewitt playing a topspin looking stroke which his opponent countered into the bottom of the net. Respond to that specific assertion or say you don't agree with what he presented, but...
Top