Search results

  1. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    I don't think that what you are saying is true. The material doesn't change the spin, the lack of grip allows the rotation to continue and also makes it react less to spin. Long pips rarely produce spin that is not already on the ball and often kill spin It is their ability to kill spin...
  2. Super alc

    I used to hate carbon blades. But at a certain point, spin and consistency has its limits and speed of the game becomes very important. It is better to use your spin to maintain consistency than to use it to score points directly, and that is the approach to faster blades - get your spin to a...
  3. Cybershape Carbon

    So there is Korean JPenner I know who uses it with hurricane. I use it two winged looping H3 both sides, 41 degrees. I know a chopper who uses it with Dignics 09c. I know someone who didn't like 09c on it but liked 05. In all these things, my opinion is that you like what you like...
  4. Cybershape Carbon

    This is true, but saying that the blade doesn't work with hybrid rubbers is not speaking for you, it is speaking for everyone. In the end, everything needs to be framed in the context of one's experience. I have only used it with tacky or hybrid rubbers and I have had no complaints.
  5. Cybershape Carbon

    For me, that is an advantage, since I like to grip deep on the neck. Again, everyone is different. Sometimes I also like to use Karakasevic/Trus grip. So for me, none of it is special, as long as handle is not too fat and neck works, I like anything.
  6. Cybershape Carbon

    I know many people who use it fine with many hybrid rubbers, and I have only used hybrid rubbers on it. People should stop pretending that every blade/setup should be for you, your experience is only your experience and for people like you.
  7. World Cup 2024

    It sounds like with only one player qualifying, they are trying out a format where a 4-0 win is more impactful than a 3-1 win etc. Not sure whether this is the right event but I think it is an interesting scoring system that just beating other players isn't as critical as margin of victory as well.
  8. World Cup 2024

    https://www.ittf.com/2024/04/08/1-week-to-macao-thrilling-new-playing-format-unveiled-for-ittf-world-cups-2024/
  9. World Cup 2024

    Where the link?
  10. Super alc

    I await your review, I really want to try it too. Very disappointed with Super zlc lol.
  11. Super alc

    Yeah, but you are more powerful than most if that means anything and you embrace the effort. I have a friend who likes fast spinny equipment but he isn't really into athleticism, he wants to loop drive his opponent off the table with speed and spin.
  12. Loki Honor ALC Review

    I wish I had read this last year! It puts life in perspective for sure!
  13. DHS H3 vs Yasaka Rakza Z

    Good luck, let me know how it goes. I just gave up because I don't have time to train, I figured it was easier to go to something that arched less.
  14. DHS H3 vs Yasaka Rakza Z

    Actually this is a common misconception, when you have a high throw rubber, to counterspin, you open the paddle a bit and hit through the ball more from open to closed. just not as powerfully. It is the misconception that you need to close the paddle more and more that actually makes the...
  15. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    He flat hits the ball and sometimes chops down on it(especially on backhand, sometimes on forehand), but the pace mostly and the consistency are hard to differentiate from topspin (his motions deliberately do not produce topspin) so many players just dump the ball in the net because they are...
  16. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    The deadness of DeWitt's rubbers is overstated. He has looped to me before and I have dumped his backspin serves into the net as well. While he does play a bit better as his rubbers get worn, it is never really to the point of being anti. His friend, Larry Bavly, has pointed out that he can...
  17. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Waran was my favorite SP when I used to go back and forth. Should probably give it a go again sometime.
  18. DHS H3 vs Yasaka Rakza Z

    Would be interesting to see that. That said, I don't play with 39 degrees so that might be the difference. But Rakza Z has a safety limit for me that is easy to exceed, H3 not as much.
  19. DHS H3 vs Yasaka Rakza Z

    That said, I played with Rakza Z and H3 41 degrees ans I understand what his coach is saying. Rakza Z just doesn't take power well. It has great spin but you can't eliminate some balls.
  20. Does this guy show up in your Youtube shorts...

    If so, what do you think of him? I find his videos amusing and occasionally insightful but more amusing more often than insightful... below is one of the more insightful ones....
Top