Search results

  1. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    No, it is not proof of anything. You have to know his story to say that. And such story would be true of even someone who has technical shortcomings which you do not notice because you have the anti-pips bias.
  2. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Ever heard of Pavel Platonov? Dima Ovtcharov? Thomas Keinath? Quadri Aruna? Benedek Olah? Many if not all players have technical shortcomings which they compensate for with other things - do you only notice this when it happens with rubbers that are not inverted? You even notice this in...
  3. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    FIFA had to step in a long time ago to make it harder for clubs to keep players from national assignments. But the biggest difference is that there is a lot of money in football, it is part of the reason America keeps working on establishing it. Table tennis is a broke sport and the culture of...
  4. New all-wood blade recommendations wanted

    I saw a guy using it and I liked the way he played with it with so I bought one and I really liked it too - played some matches with Rakza Z EH on both sides. I could definitely play with it, I have probably gotten a bit too used to the extra rebound from Carbon for some things with my forehand...
  5. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    I am not sure whether to laugh, be suprised, be approving or cry.
  6. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    It took a long time for players (from smaller countries internationally, especially if they were stars in big leagues) to get the rights to be able to play national/international events for country without the club retaliating in some manner, and it might have required some mediation between...
  7. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    People have differing opinions, I have friends who said he shouldn't have brought up money. But the truth is that WTT wants to "professionalize" the sport, and some of the things he is mentioning, it begs the question of whether accommodations would not have been made for more influential...
  8. Which one is faster? Rakza Z or Tibhar K3

    The reason Rakza Z is slow isn't because it is *just slow* - it is because created so much arc that you can hit the ball when it's time for breakfast, you can grab lunch while the ball is at max height, and pick up dinner when the ball lands. I don't remember using a safer rubber vs backspin...
  9. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Are we talking about strictly winning or losing or that your argument is that today's athletes are supposedly much better than yesterday's athletes despite playing competitive games against said athletes? If Timo in his late 30s and early 40s is playing close games with Calderano or other...
  10. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Again, there are players who played in both eras still playing to today, in their 40s and even 50s. Chuang Chi Yuan, Timo Boll, Korbel, Samsonov etc. None of them were embarassed, even in their 40s, by the players you are claiming would smoke them out of the park. The evidence doesn't support...
  11. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    And this is the same Calderano that loses to Harimoto who had poor footwork during all those wins - see where this is going... the fact that players like Samsonov and Boll who played in both eras and did pretty well closes the argument for me so I am not going to imagine much. I have seen...
  12. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    I have never bought into the "today's athletes are stronger faster etc." hype. Some things are better sure but I am okay with not believing that anyone today was an athlete on WLQ's level. The man was an all time beast as a specimen. And when I see players who played across eras like Boll...
  13. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Nah, the old ball had so much action on it, that many of these things people do today athletically were much easier to contain by loading up the spin on the ball. I don't know whether it is celluloid or the ball size or both, but the ball just doesn't react the way it used to with rubbers.
  14. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Yeah, but they should live with what they chose, they are not forced to play anyone they don't want to play unless they want to compete, and you don't chose your competition once you decide to compete.
  15. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Not quite, it is impossibly hard to attack with frictioness anti, but not *that* hard with frictionless pips.
  16. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    I wish Gozo would find a real table tennis mentor and actually listen to and spend time with the mentor. He already has enough skills, he just needs patience and a real attitude adjustment.
  17. Korea is doing something right

    Shin Yubin, Cho Daesong, and now...
  18. Best Alternatives to Dignics 09c

    Weight aside, lots of ESN hybrids are not that bad as alternatives. And honestly, I prefer the way Hurricane 3 plays.
  19. Ovtcharov ALC vs Viscaria ALC blade?

    I don't think it was that recent. Over time though, there tends to be a consensus on the German National team on what rubbers are best to play with.
  20. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    They drove away many video editors by using copyright claims to get channels shutdown and got some of the best ones to work with them. When you work with people with these tactics, you never know when you will get used to get money - if they are not playing players, they may not be paying...
Top