Search results

  1. Ovtcharov ALC vs Viscaria ALC blade?

    Dima usually uses the same rubber on both sides anyways.
  2. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    Story telling is a huge part of audience interest in anything. It is to me insane that something with as many interesting storylines as Incheon gets videos uploaded late. They can do a much better job with those videos as well, presenting the players rankings before the match, talking about...
  3. Ovtcharov ALC vs Viscaria ALC blade?

    Better feeling *usually* means a bit more vibrations, which usually means slightly less stiff, which usually implies a slightly smaller sweet spot. It just means that the ball doesn't rebound equally well off all parts of the blade, which isn't a big deal. I have always hit my forehand outside...
  4. Ovtcharov ALC vs Viscaria ALC blade?

    I can swing harder with D09c than I do with D05. Some of these things don't have strict definitions, but everything you have written is compatible with D09c being more powerful and being able to create lower trajectories on some shots. That's why reviews can be hard to understand unless you see...
  5. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Hate to defend the ITTF but you are oversimplifying things quite a bit, not sure you are aware of the kinds of things players can do to cheat.
  6. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    I have said a few times, if this sport wasn't propped up by China in part because it is an Olympic sport, it would be dead by now.
  7. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Playing them is not fun, but training with them is. Training with a disciplined LP or even SP player, especially the close to the table (chop) blockers Dr Neubauer style, is actually a lot of fun and for me one of the best ways for me to develop very spinny strokes that adapt to different...
  8. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    It's funny because my stroke quality tends to improve significantly when I get practice against lp blocks and choppers on a regular basis. My first two coaches used to give me extensive practice against pips as part of drills to help me raise and control my spin levels ans that was how I...
  9. Downgrade blade back to all-wood?

    Someone mentioned it on the other thread already - you might be a candidate for tacky/hybrid rubbers. There is nothing wrong with using equipment that you feel enables you to play more shots even if it is not what most people would recommend for you because they are thinking traditionally. I...
  10. What would or could happen when I downgrade rubbers for a period of time?

    No benefit for a serious or improving attacking spin player IMHO. Slower blade might have a benefit for certain kinds of practice, but in general, it is best to master what you are going to play with and rubber has a bigger impact than the blade. Wasting time with what you are not going to...
  11. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    I think @passifid Is right, there is nothing that prevents you from wanting to Chiquita a ball, see that the ball is not what you expected, then push it, or even to see that the ball is what you expected, but decide it is a smarter play to push into the opponent's forehand since the ball is 90%...
  12. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Not quite true. As long as your opponent isn't using frictionless pips (and even if so, though the skill level required in that case is a bit higher), you can reloop the ball repeatedly as long as you know how to open your paddle and loop.
  13. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    I play with unboosted H3. It's now easier than ever to play with, and I got tired of losing to players using H3. I couldn't get them to ban H3 so I decided to use it myself.
  14. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    I can't see the image but I don't doubt the services were flawed, I am juat saying that Harimoto serves long more than average. Watch the finals of the Japanese Championships and see how many times the announcers called it out and how often he won the points against power looper like Togami...
  15. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    Gauzy is only 2 years older than LJK I think.
  16. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    The quality of some of the shots that Sun Yingsha made in that match were flat out amazing - it gave you a good idea of how Hayata's defence frustrates regular players but Sun Yingsha ran down and attacked *everything*. The lack of highlight videos for these matches will hurt WTT.
  17. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    You watch that and wonder how did Hayata get two games?
  18. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    Gauzy vs LJK had an unhappy ending - no one likes an unhappy ending 🤣. But the first 4 and a half sets were purr magic.
  19. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    That is one of the reasons I am a huge fan of his. People want to fat shame him but fail to realize he is just stronger than everyone else and uses that strength to bully the opponent with powerful shots. He will not win the "best backhand in the world" title because of aesthetics, but I think...
  20. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    Looking at the tournament as a whole, while accepting the difficulty of estimating the level of effort being put out against Sun Yingsha in civil wars, it is fascinating that, Hayata, the only player who challenged her in a match without using pips and definitely the only player who got two...
Top