The kid is special for sure and has both the backhand to two wing and the forehand to go all out forehand. It will be interesting to see how it goes over the next 4 years.
I was talking about the pips of Bergstrom. Are you watching the matches or just the forum? If you aren't watching the matches, my comments (which are just based on thoughts that flow while watching the matches as if having a conversation) might fly way over your head.
He could but not by trying to play faster. But in any case, good luck to him, I hope he will do much better next time, I really like Darko's game, he is an European Liang Jingkun, he should probably go to sticky rubber on backhand like Liang lol.
Hindsight is always 20-20. IMHO, he didn't need the time out. He has the game to win this, but he has to continue to play to his strengths and not let his great shots make him assume he can do anything he wants.
Darko and Liang are very similar even if they use different equipment. Darko clearly has the game to win this. Hoping he can hold on, stay on track and do it in this tight contest. But he needs to reduce his error rate.
The article I cited in response to PPD claims that even in internal practice, the shakehand inverted players were doing better than the pips out penholders. The change was pretty much inevitable based on the easiest way to stay ahead of the curve - if you can't beat them, join them...
Bajor is a better player than many of the players that Bergstrom lost to at the WTTTC in Busan. In any case, next time, I will use an example with actual numbers, I accept this is not a good one.
Yeah but an ELO is not only about the year or recent losses. Paranang is bronze medallist at the University games. But I did miss that Bergstrom despite losing to such players as Gaponova and Kallberg also recently had wins over Szocs and YJN.
Linda Bergstrom beat Orawan Paranang. I don't have good ELO numbers so if someone thinks I am wrong, they can share, but this I suspect is the kind of example of WTT rankings outperforming the ELO rankings that people tend to ignore when it happens.