Search results

  1. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    Maybe the Koreans are just getting greedy and think JCH has a realistic chance of medalling now vs in a few years time.
  2. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    I am beginning to think that there is a CNT civil war between whether to send ML or LJK in the third spot. That as well as the question of whether to put LJK in reserve in case they want to put ML on the injured list for Teams event should his vulnerability persist - that might reduce...
  3. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Men, SJAN always comes out of nowhere to ask questions.
  4. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Thought this would show the power of pimples!
  5. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Pips were more effective with the smaller ball (38mm) but even then, people thought the days of pips were numbered. But the real killer was when they made rules to limit what could be done with pips in terms of their aspect ratio. That and removing hidden serves pretty much ended the career of...
  6. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    If we are to believe his training partner, he used to lose to his double inverted training partner who mimicked Waldner in practice all the time. So whether his advantage was the ceiling of his equipment or the Chinese training system that gave him a practice partner to optimize his game, I'll...
  7. 2024 USA Olympic Team Trial, 3/21-3/24

    Citizenship is not the same thing as sponsoring association, it's quite possible that Ma Jinbao is playing on the tour because he is approved by the USATT, which is what would give him the ranking as an American. But he might not be an American citizen which is required to play in the Olympics...
  8. Japan's TT Youtube outfit WRM visits Korea for a matchup with team of Youtuber Takkyu

    In a country like Japan, that makes them 2750+ and 2600+ respectively at their peak, style matchups and other variances permitting. BTW, even with his lack of backhand, I have always felt Gucci was at least 2200.
  9. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Haha. Which partly makes the point of my post (and yours). But calcified agendas are afoot...
  10. Japan's TT Youtube outfit WRM visits Korea for a matchup with team of Youtuber Takkyu

    Gucci, the master of no backhand loop amateur table tennis.
  11. 2024 USA Olympic Team Trial, 3/21-3/24

    Luckily, the US team got its best doubles pairing with Amy and Rachel qualifying though I would have had absolutely no beef with Sally qualifying if she did. Rachel at least beat Tiffany in the rematch yesterday and of course knew she had to win the match that should also have been played...
  12. Hybrid K1 vs. K3. whats the difference?

    Ping Sunday realizes that many amateurs who are not in good TT environments are so starved for official TT knowledge that they will believe stuff that a faceless guy will say under the guise it is secret knowledge from China.
  13. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    This will be a raw test of CNT first team power below WCQ.
  14. 2024 French National Championship

    Alexis beats Felix (again) In other news, water is wet....
  15. Want to improve need Feedback!

    A lot of it comes down to playing better players, it forces you to know your limits. It is often not a bad idea after a heavy backspin serve against a lower rated player to push it back if it comes to an uncomfortable place to reset the rally and you are saving energy. But against a better...
  16. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Sun Mingyang was one of the Ito clones, right? She hits the ball pretty hard, a more powerful rallying game than Ito I think.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I should give it some consideration, the problem is that extended fasting is stressful and without vacation time, it is on top of everything I am already going through. Life was so much easier before the kids came... But I should think about it at some point, maybe schedule some days in second...
  18. Want to improve need Feedback!

    I just watched the last 3 matches you posted and I see what you mean. My comments are still relevant, but you do attack more consistently in that video because you are your opponent are more similar in playing style. Good touch is a mixed compliment for someone who pushes and blocks a lot of...
  19. 2024 USA Olympic Team Trial, 3/21-3/24

    Today was interesting. Kanak won a thrilling game over Jishan Liang, Jishan showed me a level of TT that maybe he had reached in some victories over European players but which I was skeptical he was routinely capable of. His backhand play overall in the match was the best I had ever seen him...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have lamented a few times here about the pains of being unable to move. I started taking collagen supplements and while I am not sure whether they work or not, I have to accept I feel somewhat better and will continue to use them for at least the next six months. Last Sunday was the 3rd...
Top