Search results

  1. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Aruna vs Lim is never interesting, Aruna always loses. He does score the random win against such dominant opponents (Harimoto, Lin Yun Ju) but Lim is a real deal head scratcher.
  2. Downgrade blade back to all-wood?

    Yes, your experience is what I feel when I use 5 plies for short practice periods. Again I am not saying they do not have offsetting advantages. I am even going to experiment with a 7ply with Mark V for a hitting style I want to investigate and I have seen someone develop an extremely...
  3. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Looks like Tatiana learned to play pips - good for her even if bad for my picks lol.
  4. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Ady Sareen coaching Jishan Liang - uphill battle against Marcelo Aguirre to be honest, Bundesliga players are tough...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of my friends today was complaining that Quadri struggles with some players because he doesn't smash. And we had a debate over whether it makes more sense to topspin every ball even if it means you have to rally more vs having both a smash and a topspin and then using the topspin on low...
  6. Downgrade blade back to all-wood?

    I guess I am the naysayer here after years of promoting using slower blades. Ultimately, a blade will not hurt your playing level unless 1) you have a specialist style that doesn't work with it (maybe you are a long pips blocker or chopper) 2) you can't get sufficient arc on tricky shots...
  7. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Wondering whether Quadri and Omar will get out of the All Africa Games early enough to play in Singapore.
  8. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Qualifying picks (dark horse) - crazy draw - I know Dyjas is out, but he is who I would have picked so I am trying to stay blind: 1. Milos Redzminski (Uda) 2. Jakub Dyjas (Ionescu) 3. Kubik (Thakkar) 4. Gionis (Huang) 5. Ionescu (Feng) 6. Yoshimura (Bardet) 7. Monteiro (Olah) 8. Tanaka (Gacina)...
  9. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Chan Baldwin... couldn't beat Gardos, now he wants to derail the comeback of Dyjas... come on, Jakub! And as I say that Jakub doing a special mix of choking and fighting....
  10. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    WTT lags a good match. WTT should be renamed WTF...
  11. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Those articles are fairly poisonous to Watanabe.
  12. Cybershape Carbon & Head Heavy Blades

    I do agree that the head heaviness of the Cybershape makes it harder to play backhands if you are used to a certain balance, but it is not something you can't adjust for and a Cybershape isn't that much worse than a Dima blade or a Harimoto which both also have larger shaped heads. The main...
  13. Rasanter R53 for FH or BH?

    You have to understand the MO of the people who you are responding to. When you notice the patterns, then you can realize that your response is really for you, not for him.
  14. Cybershape Carbon & Head Heavy Blades

    Hi exotick, I understand what you mean, ultimately, in table tennis, we cannot avoid the fact that we are participating in athletic activity, and in any athletic activity, being stronger is a huge help, all other things being equal. There is a guy (well a couple) I look at his game and wonder...
  15. Speed Upgrade on FastArc G-1

    MX-P is pretty much a boosted G1 in many ways - therein lies the merits and the demerits.
  16. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    I struggle to see what is easy to tell even after reading this multiple times. Ranking aside, all these ladies have results that show that are all capable of being hot (just like Hirano) and capable of beating anyone on any given day when their form is right. For example, it is easy to forget...
  17. Ryu Seungmin: Korea's Women's Team Can Threaten Japan

    How is this holding up? At this point no point on claiming you want to beat Japanese women if you don't think you are a serious threat to China as well.
  18. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Yokoi needs to take her game on tour and see what happens. None of them have mismatched continental points. All of them are fully capable of maintaining their rankings. DHK will also be on the return path for sure, good luck to anyone who has to play her in her current form.
  19. WRM TV visits Korea Highlights 2024

    It's crazy I never noticed that but it was obvious after you pointed it out. It is probably what limits his level and explains why he uses such control oriented rubbers on the backhand.
Top