Search results

  1. WRM TV visits Korea Highlights 2024

    I really enjoyed watching this video and wanted to share - maybe TTD and WRM TV should hook up someday, but TTD will have to do a Bobrow rematch first...:
  2. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    I don't think they all have the same pressures and some even have continental advantages. Hirano really has to perform. She can't just show up on her schedule if she wants to avoid China. CiC is in good form.
  3. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    Don't worry, SJAN, you will soon be gone. I agree the policy restricts the choices of the coaches. Whether it is stupid is another story. Like most things in life, it has some positives and some negatives, and whether one likes it or not, it didn't cost China gold in this situation. Because...
  4. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    Please read Zeio's post which cites the historical discussion of related points on mytt and here. It is a new CNT policy driven by the request from the administrative sports body in China for objective criteria for Olympics team selection. I wish people would read and ask questions before...
  5. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Shin Yubin is just the current #4, not the only person that Hirano needs to leapfrog. CiC. Han Ying, Adriana Diaz,and Bernie amongst others are also playing well and Hirano won't get any major continental boost either. Hirano is as capable of success as she is of failure with these things.
  6. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    You can read zero's post on how the Chinese sports association required objective criteria to be published by the sports associations. It is all there and it impacted who got to play matches at events that had world ranking impact. I wouldn't be surprised given your approach to posting if you...
  7. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    The policy is for China to field the top 3 ranked players in knockout rounds. Wang Manyu was #4 at the time of the knockout rounds during the WTTTC. It really is that simple. People underestimate how much coach selection can lead to accusations of favoritism. China is traditionally...
  8. Joola Karakasevic

    He is likely in some smaller league or lower division in a big league playing somewhere. These legends can always find somewhere to play just not at the same level as before. Think He Zhiwen, if he didn't play Lebrun, you would have had no idea he was in division 2 in France.
  9. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    The only thing I would change in this video is the follow through on some strokes he shadows and does ‐ his actual swing on some balls has a few of my preferred follow throughs. It is still a perfect illustration of the classic way to to swing at the ball and is similar to the coach Hoang video...
  10. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Liam's wrist usage is pretty standard at the world class level. I wouldn't say that everyone has to do it exactly like him. But in a sport where just having some things done better can give you a technical advantage that produces higher quality shot, well time wrist usage on the backswing and...
  11. Joola Karakasevic

    Someone in the Joola Marketing department knows what will get some people to buy blades lol.
  12. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I don't mind it either way, as long as the coach has a serious plan for whoever they are teaching. It is when the coach doesn't that this causes massive problems.
  13. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Yah, such videos when they are not well subtitled can be hard to explain though I can guess the intent. Table tennis is a complicated sport. My trying to explain what I think in terms of that video would be a complete disservice. For me, I just think in terms of swing planes and paths. I...
  14. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    The biggest problem is the players have not taken the cultural responsibility to make serving obviously legal and the umpires are largely volunteers not professionals. The complexity of the rules leads to many pros serving illegally in one aspect or the other. The pendulum serve often leads to...
  15. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I think it helps a lot if you can play the loop without wrist action. If your swing trajectory works without wrist, the wrist is just extra quality and insurance over the same window and largely in the same direction as the swing without wrist action. Wrist action is largely waving the...
  16. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Yeah but look at the number of referees they often have in other sports. Table Tennis is too complicated for the puny resources we put into enforcing the rules.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I would encourage you to follow channels on YouTube like Squat University and Knees OverToesGuy and embrace what is possible if you do exercises that combine resistance training and stretching to build your physical strength. A lot of these things improve if you do things to get stronger. No...
  18. What is a compact stroke?

    Not at all, happy something helped, internet advice can be a crapshoot when it comes to improving someone's actual play, moreso in the absence of visual feedback. Good luck with your playing, the sport can be really hard!
  19. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Part of the problem with serve calls is that a protesting player can bring embarrassment to the sport over inconsistent officiating. What Hawkeye on serve faults does is take the call out of the subjective realm. In the match I watched where it was used, when the umpire called the fault, the...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Playing/training since you were a kid doesn't make you optimally trained or exposed. And while it is harder to improve or learn new tricks at an older age, some of that is context‐dependent. Working with a better coach or being in a better training environment can raise your level at any age...
Top