Search results

  1. Define MAX for me please

    Probably advertising to be honest - many people take pride in using Max sponge - they make fun of you if you don't.
  2. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    If Togami becomes the most popular Japanese player in China soon after this tournament, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
  3. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Really looking forward to seeing Togami vs Liang Jingkun. Togami's physical style is really fun to watch (much more fun than Hugo for my eyes as Togami's short short game is not repulsive and he tends to hold the table). Hopefully his short selection will continue to be smarter.
  4. Define MAX for me please

    Yes but ITTF has never said "MAX" - "MAX" is a label applied by and to manufacturers for their rubbers. So what you wrote was incorrect. The only version of "MAX" is specific to manufacturer for a specific rubber, and that is if the manufacturer wants to use that term - some don't or hardly...
  5. Define MAX for me please

    Can you reference the ITTF version of "MAX", I have only seen "MAX" from manufacturers and ITTF propose a regulation maximum thickness of rubber sponge and glue combinations on the blade.
  6. Define MAX for me please

    Many players glue with more than 0.1mm of glue and some may boost the sponge a bit as well. So 3.9mm may not be the proposed max.
  7. Define MAX for me please

    I know the regulation needs some room for the glue, but MAX basically means this is their thickest legal and commercially available sponge and topsheet combination for this rubber and manufacturer.
  8. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Youtube not streaming table 2. consistently - thanks WTT = at least they put Cho and Togami on table 1, and that is what I really want to see so nothing lost...
  9. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Looks like Oh Sangeun's son, Junsung, is going to be battling the Chinese for a while like his dad.
  10. Seeking Equipment Advice for Rapid Improvement in Table Tennis

    The people who are saying the racket is too fast for you and who have seen you play in person probably know best. That said... A racket being too fast for you is mostly an assessment based on how you play at that point in time and usually based on the belief that to learn strokes and to win...
  11. Seeking Equipment Advice for Rapid Improvement in Table Tennis

    I would recommend the Bernadette Szocs Signature 1 with Fadtarc C1 on both sides as a decent starting point for a player who is going to train a lot. But to me, more important than anything is the mental approach to mistakes and adjusting to incoming balls. Too many players don't push the...
  12. Seeking Equipment Advice for Rapid Improvement in Table Tennis

    You can work on your technique with anything that vibrates sufficiently for you to feel that you can produce different balls with different degrees of grip pressure. The only issue is that some shots will be easier and some shots will be harder because of loss of feeling. I wouldn't so much...
  13. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    What did he change from and to?
  14. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Some tough matches already - Chen Yi seems to be getting used to her height, hope she continues to evolve. I wonder who she is assigned to clone lol, not a lot of tall players these days. I suspect Liu Weishan is the Bernadette Szocs clone with all those tomahawk serves, but maybe not, someone...
  15. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    I've decided to use Razka Z EH for the next month or so - I can't put it on the Cybershape since it isn't cut to that. We will see how it goes, it is easier to rally even if harder to put balls away. Will re-evaluate after all the events in November.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Just test different finishing heights and swing speeds with the forehand flick until you get something you can live with.
  17. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Again, it is not so much about the morality of what happened, but that the ability to be able to curtail individual aspirations in that way (outside of some family contexts) is not available to most people who subscribe to modern classical liberal notions of fairness. So when Tony says that Lin...
  18. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    It was probably 2015 I was thinking of to be honest, memory isn't always perfect. She won trials in earlier periods before 2015. I'm thinking of either 2011 or 2013, she was a contemporary of those ladies (Ding Ning, Li Xiaoxia, Guo Yue etc.) but was not selected even after beating some of...
  19. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Oh, I never said it was superior. I was making the point that Tony was making that most national teams with an individual success focus in a sport like table tennis cannot create training clones to the degree that China did. Every system has inequality and different notions of fairness, I am...
  20. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I posted a whole article to show that it is not an urban legend. It was from a player who served and studied as such a clone in the Chinese system. Thanks.
Top