Search results

  1. WTT World Youth Champs in Slovenia

    He played this tournament last year for sure. But you could ask the same question about Lin Shidong who won it last year. Yes, but WJTTC is a title that many players want when they haven't won it. Kuai Man is here for example I am confident Felix would be here if the Mixed World Cup wasn't...
  2. WTT World Youth Champs in Slovenia

    Japan just completed a tough comeback vs Korea. Their #3 Yoshiyama fought hard in a very close match, and his win gave his teammates who had lost their previous matches to go down 0-2 the desire to finish and come back. Matsushima won a close match over Oh 3-2, and Hagarira (I am probably...
  3. WTT World Youth Champs in Slovenia

    He is probably playing the Mixed Team World Cup event that immediately follows this one and prioritized that over this. I did a double take when I didn't see him initially, his teammates played really well against China and must have felt the loss of their ace.
  4. WTT World Youth Champs in Slovenia

    Nah, he is one of the few that have another December event and they may have prioritized the Mixed World Cup event over this for his development. Sora and Lin are not going to that event as far as I know.
  5. WTT World Youth Champs in Slovenia

    Probably my favorite event every year. Great to see what the future holds in TT.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yesterday was a tough day. It was insightful to be reminded of my strengths and weaknesses. One pain point is that the Teams is played on concrete floors with the sticky matting and I haven't played on that in a while since I moved to Texas. It does make a big difference for my movement...
  7. Why haven't SEA countries had many strong TT players?

    The problem with TT is that it is expensive fo build a player that breaks through, especially with the dominance of some other countries. So the funding may never come if that is the case.
  8. Video Footage Safe Thread

    While I don't post my full name on forums often or ever in the age of Google and Facebook, I do post a lot of video and share a lot of details that make it fairly easy to tell who I am. I started playing seriously about 12 years ago. My current USATT is around 1950 (though my current play is...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Wrote a long edit to the post above but lost it. Basically I managed to win that match 14‐12 in the 5th there by keeping my team in balance as i wasn't favored against any of the kids but our #2 had lost to one of them and we needed to give our #1 two wins to add to his three. I also played a...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So we played two more teams matches. Unfortunately I broke my tripod so I couldn't record anything. Wil ln try to find glue and see whether I can fix it tonight. The first was against a 2 girls and a boy, likely all below the age of fourteen. The girl I played was rated 2008 and has long pips...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Worship at the altar of spin generation for a year. You won't be disappointed. After that, your options will expand and you can decide whether you want to focus on speed or spin.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played a really experienced 2000 Indian guy with good touch. Won the first game then started returning his serves really awfully and went down in 4. Beat a 1400 lady teammate of his 3‐0. The day continues.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Playing at the NA Teams. Always a reminder of how slow I am. Lost to a lefty who was too good. He had dubious serves but no ppoint in complaining, I was toast regardless. Better luck next time....
  14. I hate you long-pimple blocker....

    Not if you learn to play against them. For some players, including myself, the lower levels of spin actually make some things much easier to deal with.
  15. I hate you long-pimple blocker....

    Yes, good players can do anything including turn water into wine. My point though is that you can develop multiple styles to play against pips players once you accept the challenge as opposed to making it an insurmountable difficulty.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The thing about the body is this (and this is why I recommend that everyone watch kneesovertoesguy or anyone of the YouTube muscle and movement specialists): I used to think resistance training was just for people who wanted to build muscles. In fact it is one of the most important things you...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Shots with steroids handle inflammation for a while so it is a temporary effect. If you can manage with carb control, look into the keto or low carb diets. Doesnt mean the underlying condition will be fixed with either, but I an not sure steroid shots have benefits if used repeatedly unless...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ultimately, it has to feel right. But the main thing is that if you like slower equipment that forces larger strokes, you do. It has its strengths, but for relatively higher level play, especially if you back off the table to play high level opposition, it has significant weaknesses as being...
  19. I hate you long-pimple blocker....

    Gozo, it is really funny that someone like you who likes to smash has problems with long pimples. In fact, if you push, just get ready to smash the next ball, you only need to topspin if you feel that the opponent has made you move and you need to set up. Smashing topspin and no spin balls...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The thing is that a lot of table tennis is not inherently technical once you get to a certain level, it becomes more about ability to execute point winning sequences at certain speeds and with certain levels of consistency, which may be related to technique but may not - after all, one can talk...
Top