Search results

  1. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Maybe. The thing is that he has short pips on his forehand and in my experience, most pips players don't use powerful or fast looping blades.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The HL5 is just a slower blade with all the benefits and demerits of being a slower blade. IMHO, it is better to get a faster blade like a W968 or a Viscaria and put a stickier rubber on the forehand than to get a slower blade like the HL5 and hit more powerful shots on the backhand. But you...
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Your backhand must be really atrocious... you never use it! 😜🤣 More seriously, what NDH said. Post video of your broader play if you really want insightful commentary, not just the highlights. Or maybe just get a better forehand since that is obviously your strength. In all seriousness, if...
  4. Advice please: 7-ply all-wood blade for my son

    Here is my recommendation - was impressed when I played against it and now I am more impressed playing with it: https://ttgearlab.com/2020/12/30/tibhar-bernadette-szocs-signature-1-overview-lab-test/
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The first guy I lost to was a lefy pips player. So the forehand is where the backhand is supposed to be and vice versa. He was clearly underrated though. Californians like to say they are underrated lol. I now see that most parts of the country outside of North East just don't play that...
  6. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Gozo, Your practice is fine. While it is good to be a Ma Long looper or even a Rambo looper like Der Echte, us arm loopers with fast snap and limited body usage have our place in TT. I just want to see you looping backspin in matches and following up with killer topspins or counter topspins...
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Carl giving Gozo credit for the work of Tenergy and Dignics 05. I love it. :ROFLMAO:
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had a tough week and weekend, played on Wednesday in limited practice and then this morning. Lost my very first match to an underrated long pips player, I went down badly in the early going, deuced it and the lost the next two points. Lost the second game as well, and while I won the third...
  9. Is FNZ ALC’s fl handle larger than Viscaria’s?

    Who is FNZ? Fan NedZhong? :ROFLMAO:
  10. Are there any choppers that defeated Xu Xin?

    I'm fairly sure from memory that going back in Superleague results that Ma Te did once and only once in 2016 or 2017. But I don't think there is any video of it, some of the youtube accounts from that era have been hit with copyright strikes and other stuff like that. But if you search you...
  11. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Yeah, any rubber you can't serve heavy spin with, no matter the reason, will be relatively hard to play with.
  12. CRAZY FINAL! | TTD TEAM | TTDSL S2 | Finale

    There was a lefty and pushing rules to the limits element of it.
  13. CRAZY FINAL! | TTD TEAM | TTDSL S2 | Finale

    That team for the final match was overpowered for sure and to have your best team fight that hard just shows the quality of the opposition.
  14. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Well, WMY did establish that she is going to the Olympics barring a major accident. I do think she still has something to prove against international choppers. The Gaponova heart-attacks were not good.
  15. T05H

    T05H - I love it when it is new, has the durability of the topsheet of a regular Tenergy, but the topsheet over time dries out and then I don't like how it ages like I used to like T05 - I think many players who have power will prefer the D09c holding effect to T05H, but people with good touch...
  16. Define MAX for me please

    It should. If not, they should not have specified the sponge thickness as 2.1mm, though there is always manufacturing tolerance in any rubber but that is the reason why you may not get 2.1mm, but is different from what I think you are asking. Some thinner topsheets can have thicker MAX sponges.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah - you can't change habits as quickly as you change equipment, especially when you are not playing and training every day. These are just subtle differences between similar rubbers that I have used enough to have an idea of what I am gaining and losing - one rubber shoots the ball higher...
  18. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Looking at that physical level, he is practically unbeatable. The only problem with that style is what happens when the energy is low or injury manifests. At this point in the Olympic cycle it is perfect timing for him. I think the next big thing will be a rematch with Wang Chuqin and to see...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I haven't posted a lot but I have played a lot this past week. A few highlights and a summary of the upcoming events follow here: Wednesday night, I went to a recreation center I was invited to play at. The table was in the cafeteria and in many ways it wasn't be best experience. But if...
  20. WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

    Yes, winning changes things though. That's my point, the beauty of his athleticism is indisputable when he is winning lol. A more table tennis cultured Hugo with good short game touch.
Top