Search results

  1. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    ML lost to Yoshimura (in a match with very low stakes for ML) and then beat Togami (in a match with low stakes with very low stakes for ML). Anyone can lose and anyone can win, but the point is not to take the excuses seriously, but to take the result for what it is - if the form of Togami is...
  2. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    Togami beats Wong Chun Ting in the same tournament and has multiple results and matches from other tournaments and now we are discussing injuries from July because he lost to Matsushima... seriously? No one knows the future, but the main point is that the kid is not average, how far above, we...
  3. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    Nah, he is on tip toes and she is kneeling...
  4. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    I am a fan of Lilian Bardet's forehand play. Does he have a sponsor that enables him to play so many events while other players from France don't travel as much? Or is he a player on the National team that is somehow on the radar?
  5. Can you loop effectively with a thinner balsa blade?

    I love this sport, there is a style for everyone who wants to work at it.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Trying to play ay the same level in matches that you do in training is dangerous. Unless in training your coach is trying to make you play worse, it is not like a match at all. In a match the opponent is trying to win too, all he needs to find is one thing you do not like and you cannot avoid...
  7. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    I agree very much with this, I respect Mizutani and Niwa'a results and I get the skepticism tied to Matsushima's failure to dominate domestically, but I don't understand why understand why and when we started writing off 16 year olds based on that. On the foreign leagues question, I think the...
  8. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    I think the general public has high standards, though to be fair, Yu Ziyang did beat Mizutani as a 16 year old (yes, with mild controversy) and never went on to bigger things for whatever reason. How many of the guys who finished above him in the U19 trials would beat Togami in a match? Just...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am making assumptions around how you want to play (two-winged looping) and how you should optimally develop (trial and error with a focus on spin). To get good pace with slower equipment, people feel the need to swing harder and this can compromise technique. It can be just as efficient...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's a good level. It would be interesting to see why you think your serve was the culprit.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It depends on the coach and the player to be honest and a bit on the specific blade and rubber. If the coach is teaching proper hitting and spinning technique and wants to develop the player a certain way, let the coach do that as long as the coach has a path because everyone does it...
  12. Sergey Tsos wins CDNF 2023 - JSlick89 bosses sum Singles

    Is there any way to get those Nexy skullcap jerseys? I still get compliments when I wear that shirt and not even when I am playing TT lol.
  13. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    I think you are turning a matter of competence into a matter of "fight". I think ultimately, you need players who are ready to combine the athletic aspects of TT with the mental and tactical aspects. And IMHO, Harimoto and Matsushima are the closest thing in recent times since Mizutani and...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sunday/tomorrow, the gym where we meet is closed for school use, and my coach is playing a tournament so I had to meet him on Friday at a friend's house to train a bit. Took my camera but forgot my disk so I couldn't record still. We did warmup first for strokes on both sides, and during...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Did you record your matches? I find that it is very hard to be objective about why you win or lose matches without objective insight which you can connect to, which is usually a combination of coaching and video evidence. When you lose from being up 2-0, it is rarely all about you, the...
  16. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    It's going to be interesting with many dimensions. I wonder whether WMY has a chance of becoming vulnerable as that would eliminate her from OG singles unless China wants the pairing risk.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    While this isnt the ideal thread to ask this, here is my opinion: ditch the blade and get something faster. Those blades made far more sense with the plastic ball, now they will largely encourage upper arm overuse and feed lopsided table tennis strokes to less experienced players - it is hard...
  18. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    Hayata should now be JNT ITTF ranked #1 after Muscat.
  19. WTT Contender Muscat 2023

    Thanks. Beating Redzimski is not a walk in the park either but it is not Lebrun. And the other thing is that he is a year younger. No one knows the future but the kid is doing well for sure. Sora the explorer....
Top