Search results

  1. Joola Aruna Off Rubber Recommendations 2023

    Joola Aruna off was an ancient and kinda slow blade. I would use softer rubbers with a bit more speed like Tenergy 05 if I played with it again.
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I think in general, I don't feel you are using the lower arm all the way from the elbow downwards with maximum effect. There doesn't seem to be enough whip on the ball, it might be because you are not consistently trying to form the stroke relative to your elbow in exactly the same way more...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Golden Tango is pretty heavy already so it is pretty similar, nothing special. With all these things, a lot comes down to grip strength (so you are relaxed when swinging but your fingers are still able to apply pressur) and patience to train and adapt when you don't have it. My hands and...
  4. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Felix reminds us why Hugo will never beat the Chinese in a serious match - lacka the short game and close to the table control. This boy is phenomenal. His ability to hold the table in close to the table rallies is second to none at the moment and is a more advanced version of what Harimoto...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Got out to play today mostly to test some blades that I had bought recently. I tried The Szocs 1 Signature. Blade with Rakza Z EH on both sides and I am really tempted to switch to that. But I played almost as well with the Inspira CCF with Butterfly handle clone that SDC built for me with...
  6. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I think you have a whip/fingers problem. I will explain in the other thread, your from looks good but I suspect your quality is lower than it should be.
  7. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Lol... no, I am not Swedish, would be a crime to buy that and not be.
  8. Post your latest EJ purchase

    That's a miss on my part, thanks for asking. So I wanted a Cybershape Carbon composition without the headshape, which I hear is the Stiga Inspira CCF. I asked for Korbel handles though I think they are probably thicker than I would find optimal given the blade thickness. I asked for one with...
  9. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    The draw also seems to be shaping up nicely for Togami to make his first WTT Contender final. Of course, there are no gimmes in this draw, but I like his path, he just has to seize it.
  10. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Looks like France already has a new world class XD team with higher potential by replacing Gauzy with Lebrun to partner with the lefty Pavade. If they win the event (likely against Harimoto/Hayata in finals), the world will be put on notice.
  11. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    The last game was close, but it also had the most spectacular points in the match I think. Well done, Felix - now we need to see him play a chopper that can slow him down a little lol. Wang Yang would be interesting I think.
  12. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Felix is making Filus look really bad...
  13. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Boll achieved much more sure, but Tiago was easily a top 20 player in his prime (and he definitely is not in his prime now, but he is still incredibly strong) and was top 20 in an era where ratings were measured by playing strength, not performance points, so my main point is that age is not the...
  14. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    20 years older is an interesting talking point, if this was Boll Quek lost to (Boll who Apolonia beat recently by the way), would you say the same thing? Let's review a list of Tiago's recent wins and losses: after his loss to El-Beiali of Egypt (who was showing special form that tournament...
  15. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Quek is going to be a top 20 player, it is easy to forget he is 17 - Tiago is a very strong player, underestimate him at your own peril. He is older so he has his days, but if you track is results in German league matchups, your respect for him will be high.
  16. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Sora vs Dina rematch coming up tomorrow and Dima definitely looks sharp.
  17. had an interesting practise match today

    I agree with this, it is always hard for TJs to admit, but while Vega Pro has the style and arc of a modern rubber like T05, the actual ball quality relative to a rubber like T05 is lower. But this is a balancing act as T05 is more expensive and a bit more spin reactive. Same with using 5 ply...
  18. had an interesting practise match today

    Yes, I am speaking from my experience and I use hybrid rubbers (I actually just glued Rakza Z EH on a 7ply to review) so it wil ln be interesting what you have noticed that makes my opinion irrelevant. There are no absolute answers in table tennis, it is important to largely understand what...
  19. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Bardet was eliminated by Lebrun. This is one of the best and deepest draws in a tournament in a while with non-CNT players. Whoever wins this will have a huge notch in their belt.
  20. The right Grip change between FH/BH [eng_sub]

    Ah okay, this video is older - I think I remember watching it back then. I had concluded similar things to him, but the main thing I realized was that most pros do their grip switch as part of their backswing and once you practice it, you can do all kinds of grip switches instinctively as long...
Top