Search results

  1. Cheap alternative to D05?

    While I am not a fan of expensive rubber per se, I will say that the amount of error you need to make to rip a rubber during training is significant. I have had shots where I looped half long balls and harmed the edges of my blade and rubber and that is normal. If you don't want that to...
  2. Cheap alternative to D05?

    I suspect ESN has a variety of "boosting" processes and some are tied to products/chemicals with different life spans. Evolution MX-P had a sweet swell similar to Dandoy Bioboost and you got the same effect as Andro Rasanter or Donic Bluefire (especially M2), where this sweet smell was very...
  3. Cheap alternative to D05?

    Okay. Good luck with the rubber search and while I don't think it will solve your problem, I hope it does.
  4. Cheap alternative to D05?

    Curious, how many rubbers have you broken attacking half long balls? Chipping the edge of the racket is very normal and is hobby hazard, but over time, you just accept that some balls you can't attack and you are okay with losing the point or pushing. But if you have broken a lot, then sure...
  5. Cheap alternative to D05?

    The bad news is that it is largely a waste of time to look for something that plays like Spring Sponge. The good news is that a lot of rubbers play well with the new plastic ball. ESN has produced a lot of new generation stuff to play with the plastic ball and many of its historical offerings...
  6. 26th Asian Table Tennis Championship

    Yeah, they finally told Wang to play for real, not with his left toe tied to his right ankle.
  7. 26th Asian Table Tennis Championship

    Great way to ruin it for other teams.
  8. 26th Asian Table Tennis Championship

    Wow. How did the seedings or preliminaries make that happen?
  9. Returning to table tennis, lots of change! Did I buy the wrong blade and rubbers?

    The point of the "throw angle" is to enable you to play aggressive shots with the spin and the power/speed moving in largely the same direction. Right now, you are trying to brush for spin using an open racket face but brushing upwards on the ball thinly, when with modern tubbers, you can...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In MD for a wedding. So of course, I gotta ask around to see if anyone is open to playing TT. I considered driving up to my old club in PA two hours away but decided it made more sense to play in MD. Called an old friend and he told me he was travelling out of town, but that MDTTC had a...
  11. Is it possible to improve with only robot training?

    The answer is yes, but it depends on the level and what you are trying to improve to get to the next level.
  12. K3...2.0 vs. Max?

    It doesn't unless you drive spin to the wood a lot, or have the kind of feeling that takes advantage of extra sponge to control the ball. But this is neither here nor there. The only reason why my current rubber is max sponge is that there is no 2.0 being sold anymore. With quality hard...
  13. Close to the Table Power Topspin

    @turbozed will appreciate this. @JJ Ng @brokenball Not so much...
  14. Xiom Vega series

    MXS was one of my favorite rubbers for sure. OVT never hooked me. Sometimes I hit with a rubber briefly and if I don't feel something special in one stroke, I just don't spend much time. Especially if for me, my opening topspin loses bite.
  15. Xiom Vega series

    Omega V Asia to me was kind of like Golden Tango without the tack, I loved that rubber, but it stopped working when you didn't hit the ball hard which was what took me off it. I just couldn't swing that way all the time, for me, I have a brushing gear with GT that I couldn't find with OVA, and...
  16. Xiom Vega series

    Glad to hear this, C-1 is a much better rubber for the kind of direction I would guide a player towards than Vega Europe. Hope at some point you give it a try on both sides.
  17. For those over 30yo, what could you have done differently?

    To be fair, you might have ended up in a similar place just by playing TT - lots of people end up with knee issues playing TT even if they didnt get particularly low. And even players like Ma long have had surgery despite being professional athletes.
  18. How does Glayzer 09C compare to K3?

    Not so much attack you, but wonder why you do it while arguing that you are not improving as much as you would like to. Not that it isn't possible to EJ and train to improve, but that it calls into question how serious you are about improving.
  19. Returning to table tennis, lots of change! Did I buy the wrong blade and rubbers?

    Everything is quicker nowadays and catered to players who train a lot with the new ball. That doesn't mean you have to be quick immediately, especially if you didn't play at an extremely high level as a youngster and glue a lot. The main question is whether you are going to train and invest...
  20. Advice to improve my game.

    There are some mild things here and there on the forehand, but everything is looking $1mm times better. Usually, it is not common to practice against multiple backspin balls in a row unless one is playing a chopper. Usually, you serve backspin, get a backspin push, loop the backspin push, get...
Top