Search results

  1. Good bye.

    Super ALC - why go ALC when you can Super! Why be a man when you can be a Super man!
  2. Good bye.

    Not about how it looks, but about how it plays.
  3. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    In table tennis, even with limited practice time, there is nothing wrong with messing around a little if you can afford it. A serve is a serve, as long as you practice it and can get good results with it, it doesn't matter what the serve looks like. The key thing about most good serving is...
  4. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    It isn't heavy topspin. It is just topspin (or more often sidespin or side topspin) that stays short and because it stays short and has deceptive fakes invites naive people to push it like backspin. Wrighty can share a video for sure. There should be decent tutorials on the internet as...
  5. Quadri Aruna and Bernie Szcocs

    Thia is tough. A reminder that celebrities are regular people in many ways.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Now all you guys who made fun of Boll's short push will fun to watch...
  7. Hurricane rubbers that are worth it without boosting

    Cleaning would work fine as well, the rubber just needs to age a little. But It plays better with use. It is just hard to br patient. Some people boost it once and never boost it again and get to a good place. But the main thing is to just get it to soften and not be as sticky as too much...
  8. Hurricane rubbers that are worth it without boosting

    The real key is to let the tack wear off. It's really having too much tack that causes problems. If you are patient enough, and glue it generously, it becomes playable with a bit less stickiness.
  9. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    1. Yes, but not the way you think any more, especially in today's game where the players are more balanced. Very few backhand dominant players these days at the higher levels. The main advantage of backhand serving for a backhand dominant player is that you are already in a ready position...
  10. Producing side underspin on the chiquita

    Haha - I actually talked about a stroke having a force vector and a spin vector and that the turning effect of a stroke is what creates the spin - that's obviously the torque. I don't use the word/phrase torque because my goal is to illuminate, not to obfuscate or make myself sound smarter than...
  11. What’s your most satisfying moment in table tennis?

    No you are not a simpleton at all, I played like that for years, especially with the old ball. Enjoy it while it lasts, when they get better, the ball comes back with interest because the footwork, the ball quality and the opponent positioning means the blocks have to be higher quality, better...
  12. What’s your most satisfying moment in table tennis?

    I was a vegan then, had some good (low weight) and bad (arthritis) side effects. And yes, almost 50-60 lbs lighter than I am now. This was about 10 to 11 years ago. I really should try to lose the weight and I will at some point, but I have learned more towards trying to develop muscle. Yes...
  13. What’s your most satisfying moment in table tennis?

    Quite a few candidates, but I keep coming back to this particular match, which was a bet for $50 with my late coach, God bless him, to beat a player higher rated than I was after I made fun of one of his tournament performances which included a match against this player.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    the funny thing is that he swings like the videos you proposed on his backhand, on his forehand, he gets good quality, but he doesn't drive the ball forward. If it is unboosted Hurricane, I have already told him he can get Golden Tango or Dragon Grip or something else... 09c since he is loaded...
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My answer - if you can, start with extremely slow Falkenberg with a focus on the lower body. In fact, I can't find any videos now, but a lot of my practice of footwork was built off just shadowing Pivot and Cross consecutively and repeatedly per the recommendation of my internet coach for about...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    No, I was being humorous but not sarcastic at all, my weakness relative to my level is my topspin game rally game since I stay close to the table, defense can be tough against power loopers hitting the middle. You defended a lot of shots very well, you missed a few openers off your heavy push...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Is that a technical issue or a tactical issue? Or maybe you were winning points off the pattern so it didn't matter? Just trying to point out that your body positioning is just like mine so I also have this issue. But that if you are training leg positioning as part of your stroke, the...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Not sure what your struggle was exactly, you played pretty well, I should probably be asking you for coaching instead of the other way round. More seriously, your game is pretty strong, the main thing that is missing is that you need to bring more athleticism to the ball if you have it in...
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Some of it is dodgy serving. It is to your credit that you fought through it. But I wouldn't blame you for being unable to return some dodgy serves. You will get better at that with more focus.
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The strategy is correct, but you need to put more fear into the opponent by making the serves look more similar and introducing speed variation into your contact and placement. This takes practice obviously, but I can often sell backspin as no spin and no spin as backspin against most pips...
Top