Search results

  1. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    For me it is clearly the primary objective, I am addicted to the sport. There is no real reward - it is all just fun. Some social mixing as well, but that is primarily fun too.
  2. "wrapping" the ball.

    Yes, I actually started hitting the ball a certain way on my backhand and tried to transfer it to my forehand. I like to catch the ball on the outside and then turn my forearm/wrist over it or upwards. That is my highest quality stroke ( low trajectory fast side-topspin - barely hops over the...
  3. "wrapping" the ball.

    Well, explain what it means for how someone's technique should develop and then you have tried.
  4. "wrapping" the ball.

    So assuming this is true, what are we to draw from this for how we should hit the ball?
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So this I suspect is what I am doing (strokes 3 and 4 at the end of this video) but I need to record it. And because I stand upright, I need to minimize upper arm movement or the ball goes long. And mine seems to have a lot of sidespin when I slow it down lol...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I played today to release the pentup desire to hit the ball again. The results of not playing for a week were interesting. So I play the first match a close 0‐3 to a guy who often plays tacky rubber on both sides and counters my heavy spin with venomous counters and punches. I had been...
  7. Harimoto: In terms of table tennis, I prefer ZJK to ML. ML is amazing but it is simply the result of working and playing diligently.

    I think a distinction should be made between a one-on-one matchup and what happens in Mixed Doubles when the woman has to handle the quality of the male player and produce shots that trouble male players off the femalee opponents ball and those abilities can determine the result significantly...
  8. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2023

    Yeah but just like when Togami beats Harimoto, is it because Togami is so much better or has such a better matchup that his opponent never deserves to win? Of course not, the matches are close struggles where Togami usually comes out on top but those things are not stable if repeated over and...
  9. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2023

    Nah. Fan just didnt touch the ball, he would have won that point otherwise. Point of the year for me is the Moregardh-Chuqin rally. Those Chinese #1s are tough!
  10. "wrapping" the ball.

    I have shown you that a high level server does it when he does his favorite serve. He mistimed the effect in the video I presented but with the same serve, he has given players as good as Wang Liqin trouble. You are a low level player so what you do doesnt really qualify as evidence here for...
  11. "wrapping" the ball.

    You obviously havent heard of things like heuristics. The timing doesnt have to be perfect to expose as much surface area as possible to the ball with a relatively open paddle (appropriately angled) while swinging at it and add a turning motion with acceleration at the appropriate moment. But...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You have a real coach in person so no biggie. Juat need to confirm this continually.
  13. "wrapping" the ball.

    So we went through this discussion just to get you to admit that your recommendations on how to play a topspin cannot be achieved by human beings? Seriously? Let's stop the stupidity around wrapping. "Looping" doesnt happen either because the ball doesnt go round and in circles and return to...
  14. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2023

    Looks like Batta has found something to work with vs Bernie that others may copy. Get her moving to the wide forehand after pinning her on the backhand.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have not hit a TT ball in almost a week now. I feel better that I hit on Friday last week or i would have been a complete mess. Right now I am an incomplete mess. Next time I am on a vacation like this, I will make sure there is TT somewhere or I will tell my wife I ain't going. TT is that...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sharing video of yourself, especially on a thread like the video safe footage thread, is highly recommended if you aren't getting formal coaching. It is awesome that you are doing physical training which always helps though it is unlikely to be the biggest factor in your TT improvement for a...
  17. "wrapping" the ball.

    I had already written my last post but since I know your motives are pure and you probably are reading things late and may be confused about the main point, let me state it again in different terms. Don't let anyone fool you that the issue is fundamentally about changing racket angle during the...
  18. Is EJing good for improving?

    Not at all. I have found that the inability to tolerate disagreement as a form of constructive conflict can have dangerous side effects. Was reminded of it today in another context. Of course many people can perceive it as he intended it. But many people can also perceive it as saying that...
  19. Is EJing good for improving?

    Yes, in life, such things are all necessary. But if you had made the same example with thin inverted rubbers or dead rubbers, it would have be a non-issue. But making it with pips feeds the common stereotype that many people use pips to hide weaknesses rather than fix their technique...
Top