Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well, he had other results that confirmed the assessment, in any case, everyone has parts of the game higher or lower, I am the one that played the match, I know how much I put on that ball. Rating in the end is about your results.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, 2400-2700 makes sense. Can't believe I forgot about Bilenko. To be honest, sponsors and resources don't always improve a player's level, and the ITTF system is a bit limiting on local players in the way it limits international representation, though that would just crowd out many domestic...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So who are the other names? I know Kou Lei and and Zhmudenko, but I cant remember any other Male players. I know Pesotska forever and I remember Gaponova (or is it Haponova) I think because she chops. But Women not really the focus here, trying to understand how the domestic level in Ukraine...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So how many of them are there in Ukraine? Zhmudenko is like the best Ukrainian international player?
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Chess.com ratings are a bit higher than regular over the board ELO even when adjusted for time control. Zhmudenko is a master of sport? The first video is not viewable.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ratings are a result of performance not a result of looking a certain way. But if you want to continue down this path, feel free to, though it should preferably be the context of your personal table tennis. The point of this thread even if inconsistently followed is to discuss your own table...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My response was to NDH, I know you know who was who.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You're looking at the wrong video for the 2300 player lol... the pips player is not 2300... cybershape blade nor not... I am also using the cybershape in that video BTW... I just didn't adjust to his medium pips quickly enough...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I will await the uploads but making the shot with that power is easily 2300, just about everyone I know who kills that loop like that has 2300 in them. He didn't even just counter it, he loopkilled it for a winner. BTW, he won the Missouri state championships and came out 2360. He beat Alex...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Everyone can do such shots in practice but I know my ball quality on that loop so if you can do that to that loop with that timing, then you are going to be 2300 too.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    When he made this shot, I did a double take during the match in my own calm style and asked - how is this guy 2100?
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You are right, and maybe is not 2300, but he is definitely 2250+, and if I had recorded the other matches he won (both 3-0 against 2200+ and 2300+), you would have seen what I meant. As the level of opponent went up, his level went up tremendously. It was crazy to watch. I think he partly...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I played a league on June 4, but it wasn't the kind of league I was used to. Usually, I am looking for many matches against opponents close to my level, which is what happens in most leagues. This league was more like a mini RR tournament, two groups of 4 players each with 2 advancing from...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This was my first tournament in over 2 and a half years so I was an overrated 2050 (I am now under 2000 with the points I lost). My opponent didn't lose an match in any event and was an underrated 2100. His rating right now is 2196 or so, but he is still underrated, definitely at least 2250...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    From the May 20 tournament - one of my four losses.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Not on my knees but I have had similar things with other joints like elbows and shoulders. Even paid for MRIs out of my pocket sometimes to analyze them. The overall approach of the doctors didn't encourage me much. Once they just see arthritis, they tend to just accept it as something that...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have had autoimmune arthritis for years (bad lifestyle choices). I am not professional athlete so most of my physical issues are not addressed or tested for and I cut down my carbohydrates for many years to manage the pain. But almost all my tendons and joints have inflammation or loss of...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    it is just easier to get good spinning than any other way for most players who are reasonable athletes. Hitting with precision especially against players who are spinning requires more practice and work. Spin makes it easier to play faster and place the ball with confidence but speed if you...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, it is an option for sure, but I loop at a high level on both sides and I also can do unnatural things with inverted rubber when I put my mind to it. I also see 60 year old players playing all out offense with inverted so I will just stick with what I enjoy.
Top