Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    There are levels of knowledge like I said, and everyone explains something differently with different stories. So I understand what you are saying but it doesn't mean what you think it means, it probably speaks more to your confidence in your abilities than to your understanding.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This video isn't technically detailed, but it is philosophically comprehensive. If one understands the philosophies and tools he gives you for improving your aim etc. and then gets a coach to teach your process and technique, good things will happen. There are some advanced things he doesn't...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah, there is very little benefit to not recording anything other than that maybe you have a mindset that doesn't want to get recorded - this is hardly about social media, it is more about using data to make effective decisions. The human mind is a storyteller, it doesn't really tell fact from...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    He can also record the matches himself, you are not obligated to share footage with him. Obviously, you can be nice and do so, but you can also just forget to send it or stuff like that. That said, if he plays you better and smarter, you get better and smarter about your game and develop new...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You are pushing him, so he is trying to push you. It is a good thing thing for both of you. You may not like it because you want to remain on top, but if you have external competition, you will appreciate what he is doing for both your games.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's where video helps, you are remembering a lot of things that sound like you are focused on how you feel about losing. Everyone loses, even sometimes to players they should easily beat, don't let results affect your process and just wait until next time to record the matches so you can...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Get a coach or good server to teach you how to do build serves, it can be the most valuable experience you will ever get. Without this, you can waste a lot of time putting in hours at the table without developing really effective serves. All you need with the coach is maybe 5 to 10 minutes of...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Recording is more about self awareness. Memory can distort and deceive, especially when you lose. You think you did nothing right, when in reality you probably did a lot of things well but let the results skew your perception. Table tennis can be so precise at challenging speeds that small...
  9. Are Tibhar Hybrid MK and Rakza 7 nearly identical?

    No, I don't. Rakza has a bit more traditional ESN catapult from rubbers of the same generation so the top speed is a bit faster and it is a bit more spin reactive. MK has a huge focus on control. You can add a lot of power and not get that much extra movement.
  10. Bounce with the Ball / Split-Step

    I think "on the toes" is not quite the same as "on the balls of your feet". I do much more of the latter than the former, but it might just be language.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I spent maybe 11 hours at TT clubs from Friday to Sunday and didnt get a minute of footsge. Have to do better. Some lessons learned: 1. Need a solution to short forehand serve return. The right leg needs to function or the hole is too big once someone figures it out. Many are really...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    We got one of these at the Korean club in Dallas on Saturday. Guy came in and held the table without losing once. Beat a lot of good players too. I tried once, lost 1-3 which sounded much better than the match looked, and I had never seen someone give the dead ball so consistently in my life...
  13. Best and fastest rubbers for a beginner

    Yeah but we are not the coach that will be working with the user of the equipment.
  14. Best and fastest rubbers for a beginner

    If Energy Xtra is too expensive. doesnt that rule out Rozena? You have to develop fast swings and good touch to use harder sponge profitably. It is usually best for a coach to select the equipment for the player so they can be built according to the coach's philosophy.
  15. Upcoming Joola rubbers

    Anyone know which of these is supposed to be their version of K3?
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Dunning-Kruger, guys. It even happens to people who are experts at some field but just don't realize it doesnt translate to another field the way they think it does. You have to have some philosophical and teal life reflection to know the true limits of your perspective. Just being a good...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Liar liar pants on fire?
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I got out of work early yesterday and went to play. Weirdly an idea came to mind - I played some of my best TT while training early during the pandemic with a Carbonado 245 and Dignics 09c on both sides. I actually shaved the handle down so I could hold it the way I wanted to. And then I...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No doubt, but you used the phrase on higher levels and you are speaking about your coach. I played 2, maybe 3 players, who used to do that shot on me almost all the time with that quality (they would cut deep and heavy into my forehand wide knowing they would get the shot). All 3 were 2300+...
Top