Search results

  1. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    I tried D05 on Cybershape and I played like shit. I just don't know how to hold the ball without tacky rubbers anymore lol. The next step migh be to try Golden Tango on a Garaydia ZLC or T5000. I really should by the Mizutani or Harimoto SZLC but I currently do not want to. I think my current...
  2. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    That's my point. You speak in general terms but have conducted no serious experiments not collected any data. Yet you write with rude certitude rather than make polite proposals based on your conjectures.
  3. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    I am just pointing our that there are a lot of assumptions. I focused on ths speed of the blade because it is what asymmetry directly influences. But my main point is that some people better understand how ro balaban d out asymmetry by starting with symmetry I just think there is a lot of data...
  4. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Too many unstated assumptions: 1. Faster blades only help the stronger side and not the weaker side. 2. Unequal skills in using forehand and backhand mean that unequal speed surfaces should support backhand and forehand. 3. People would play better using something other than inverted looping...
  5. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    I think it is the easiest way to get better for sure and remain consistent, your opinion might change a bit if you play further back and have to block and punch/smash to rush opponents a bit more. But everyone does different things to win points, and most people want ease of spin/speed on...
  6. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    I honestly don't know how to use anything soft. Okay, that's not true, but I played with Big Dipper for a while so I am used to playing with hard rubbers, currently using Golden Tango on both sides, but going to test Dignics 05 for a bit. And I have used D09c before. I just like the way...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    How do you know it is a problem?
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    For completeness, I met Brett when he put out videos asking people to send him serves and worked with him on my serves after I had already had some serve coaching, but not in a way that put everything in a structure that made me realize how important serves were for separating player levels (but...
  9. What do you think the no.1 Korean amateur player's rating would be?

    For USATT, the zero probability of losing is roughly 250 points but obviously it is just a number. The distribution would look a bit different if it was spread over 500 pts. Rating is fun for people who like to measure. But other than seeding and sometimes to estimate an opponents skillset...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One thousand serves is nothing. Just like one thousand forehands is nothing. It all depends on how you are trying to develop your game, we are not pros, but regardless, talking about the results of one set of matches after practice really narrows the horizon. What goals did you have before...
  11. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Ready to play. I had better like this because I cant move the rubber to another blade lol.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. My game used to be much less orthodox (I used to block mostly dead or with backspin, play mostly backhand and drive forehand). And a lot of time, when I beat a player better than me, they felt it was a bad loss. I guess now...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of my favorite chess books when I played was "Decision-Making in Chess" by Viacheslav Eingorn. He points out a style reveals itself no less in it strengths than in its limitations. Being Unorthodox in many things gives results just because it is unorthodox. But sometimes, being unorthodox...
  14. Is there really a difference between ESN hybrid rubbers?

    There are definitely differences in sponge, tackiness and pip structure. So it is up to the user to decide.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This video brings a smile to my face as this is a shot I am notorious for as well, even though I doubt anyone would call it unstoppable lol...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The thing is that you have competed at high level in other sports, so I can't completely disregard your viewpoint, maybe my view on video is too reflective and pro-coaching/learning and not focused enough on competition in the moment. But as you get better, when you play challenging matches...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That Harimoto can do it (Truls obviously isn't using D05) means there must be an approach... but maybe he just flicks topspin lol...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of my biggest fears leaving Golden Tango for Dignics for a trial period...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is hard to argue with the person who knows everything about what he should do so I will stop doing it.
Top