Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So to fully be transparent, here is my play in 2012. I have clearly gained a lot of weight which is not necessarily a good thing...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I am currently in Philly, went to my old TT club, met up with some old friends and hitting partners and did a lot of hitting/training. Played two matches against tough opponents, got lucky in winning them both, but since I have to travel light in the era of paying for bags, carried no...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't think it makes sense to apologize for how you look on video, the people who mock how others look on video are people who have never recorded themselves or people who are mocking other people who like to pretend they are pros on videos. Recording yourself creates self awareness of how...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well, don't blame it on the filming, filming is important to learn from and has zero impact on the match other than your mental awareness of it. Try to figure out what about your mindset the filming is adjusting and then adapt to it. The human brain is a correlation engine, it is easy to get...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    First of all, the opponent has a weird ball (doesn't topspin) and he is reasonably consistent (which is what TT is really about). It is common to struggle against these players until you get used to their game and adapt and one should be proud but not arrogant about it, especially if one...
  6. what is the difference between hardness/softness and thick/thin in table tennis

    Hardness tends to refer to the sponge. But it can also refer to pip configuration as some pip configurations even on softer sponge feel "harder". Fastarc G1 and C1 both have a relatively hard pip configuration but C1 has a medium sponge while G1 has a medium hard sponge. Here is the classic...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Public is more about accessibility than about ownership, but if the ownership has a policy, then yes that policy is key. But the main thing is that it isn't the right of the opponent per se that plays a role, it is more the policy of the ownership.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Unless you are a minor, I protest that. The tournament organizer may have a say, but there is no right not to be filmed in a public place in the US.
  9. Welcome to TableTennisDaily 3.0 - Bug Report

    I was wondering where my account went to, now I realize it must be in part a time zone thing. No biggie.
  10. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Did April Fool's Day come a month late or did she just see the handwriting on the wall that she wasn't going to make it since she can't play the WTTC?
  11. Primorac carbon with Hurricane 8-80

    Isn't the Primorac Carbon with Dignics 09c what Timo and Groth use? Nothing solves all the problems and everything has tradeoffs. Until you build it and test, there is always the potential (which is often actualized) for there to be ranges of impact where your natural impulses are not in line...
  12. Rakza Z vs Golden Tango PS vs Nittaku Sieger PK50

    I personally don't like Tango PS as much as the original Tango, PS has this bounciness that comes in unpredictably for me at the wrong time when I swing hard or try to counter/block heavy spin. And yes, this is on backhand.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nepo I think blew the match with too many quick and instinctive moves in difficult positions. Definitely something he has to work on. But hopefully since it was Russia vs China and not China vs China, some amongst us found it more exciting lol.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Not table tennis related but Ding Liren is now the World Chess Champion. Just beat Ian Nepomiatchi in a match in the tiebreak portion after Magnus Carlsen relinquished the title. I have to pass an exam today. If not I might just have to retake the class over the summer. So no TT this...
  15. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    It's a superpower that him and An Jaehyun possess, and I wonder whether it doesn't sometimes hold their game back having such speed and forehand power which makes it clear how they should play and how one should play against them. But it is definitely fun to watch.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Again, I really like your coach and he is keeping it real. The best part is that you take the questions other people have here to him and he gives his justification. And that is again more important and more relevant to your improvement than anything we say on the forum. You are now clear...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The deception is good but the elbow position is not optimal. I guess some will say it is a matter of opinion and that Matt is a much stronger player that I will ever be but the high elbow position while difficult to get used to is something I encourage people to try and to see the difference it...
  18. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Amazing men's final. The best match of the year so far I think, though Lim Junghoon's loss to Fan may be above that. If only Jang had a better backhand technique - it's definitely adequate but compared to the stability of the top Chinese it leaves something on the table.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't get backspin quite like this because it is too obvious to me. I try to do it by getting the tip to come underneath the ball a bit. But the weak variations and the topspin variations are similar to how I do it. I come up on the left side of the ball. And for topspin, I usually push my...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You don't need a photographic memory. As in all things in life: 1. Breathe so that you are not tense, and your body isn't in fight or flight response. 2. Focus your attention broadly at on the server, especially looking for when and how the ball is contacted. 3. Whether you see the contact...
Top