Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    For the best pendulum serve, you need to have your elbow high on all variations. This is how you get really breaking sidespin that causes returning errors. It is also easier to add variations that break away from the opponent. There are a few ways of getting side top, one is by pulling up on...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You need to look for the cues from the position of the returner or something close to it. The mental photo of the contact is the key, because even if the serves are quick, there is usually something different in the contact point. Some very advanced servers have 4 variations of different spins...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Get your camera and record the serve. It is always easier to pick up things when you don't have to win the point.
  4. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    High risk high reward players usually have only one gear. He will learn from the experience.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    the blade itself was actually light and I never tried it with the more modern rubbers. https://revspin.net/blade/giant-dragon-superbalsa-ii-2.html
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Trust me, I have played with thicker and arguably faster stuff (anyone remember the Giant Dragon SuperBalsa)? Sometimes, experience is the best teacher. The problems you have to solve to get better make you try and learn things. I actually played with oversized head defensive blades with the...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I had an innerforce T5000 that was 100g and with my current rubbers, I think the weight was around 220. I stopped using that blade and went to lighter stuff (I like my blades between 80g and 90g) and the setup between 190 and 205g and I think it helped me play much better. Heavier (and faster...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Gozo, SMASH! GOZO, SMASH! The Incredible Gozo... planet Gozo must be be a cool place.
  9. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Why does it always feel like Diaz is hiding her serve? The errors that Lily makes on serve return are ridiculous.
  10. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    I think the lefty lefty matchup gave Yuan some options to force Cho to use backhand that previous opponents didn't easily have.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Chiquita with a one ply or a Sardius or even a Primorac Carbon (which Timo and Groth are probably doing) is an interesting concept. Wouldn't be surprised if the blade just makes it much harder. Interesting how that can happen sometimes....
  12. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    I think both played well, Pitch just had a more consistent game plan with opening over the table attacks, made Quadri play more shots than usual and ended up winning more than his fair share of points when he brought the ball back but Quadri was unable to recover to continue his offense.
  13. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Kallberg whenever I watch him has the game that puzzles me the most with respect to not having more wins against the Chinese in recent times. The speed and quality is there - is the mental game really so bad? The match so far is going his way - go Kallberg!
  14. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Kallberg needs to get one - come on.
  15. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Amazing win by Lily Zhang. As a Hirano fan of parts, I hope all is well there with the WTTC so close.
  16. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Cho Seungmin wants to eliminate the whole Chinese junior team lol.
  17. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    11‐0 is just a score, it only counts for one game regardless.
  18. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    I meant that it wasn't.
  19. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    I think it is pure snake seed so it isn't fixed. He is currently the #3 seed but he can"t play 1, 2 and 4 until the semis I believe. With snake seed he is guaranteed to play 2 of them to get the final but it BBC can't be #4 in the semis if pairings hold but which 2 is an open question.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I will go even further- good coach in person better than good internet pundit stating his opinion.
Top