Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

    Kuai evolved. The CNT prepares their player really hard to handle defense. The first time they faced Ojio, they lost really badly. After she lost the first game, I saw it was a lost cause.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You really want to only hit loops when everything is perfect?
  3. Anybody played with a Mazunov?

    Butterfly makes too much margin from composites, they really want wood to die and composites to become the norm. To be fair to them, wood is hard to quality control.
  4. Anybody played with a Mazunov?

    Yes, when I used it, I used it with Fastarc C1, which is slightly lighter than G1, which is what I had used with the other 5 plies.
  5. Anybody played with a Mazunov?

    For me, the handle was a bit too thick so it used to give me trouble, (I shaved it to make it flatter) but otherwise, it was a fantastic blade. I always played well with it, the challenge was controlling the head heaviness with hard rubbers that I liked to use. I was going to build clones but...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Because of my grip, other candidates are Truls and Jorgen Persson but their games are much more athletic. Anyone think they will beat this legend because of his outdated technique? Or this one? Does anyone here think they stand a chance against either of these guys with your modern...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    wwwww Why the suit? Your question is quite reasonable and well motivated. Technique has changed with the new ball, equipment has changed, and even (some) rules have changed, but did the best players really change across eras as all these things changed? As SamTheMan pointed out, Karaksevic...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I thought really hard about it that who should I model my game after. Well, he is left handed, but other than that, this is the guy my game is most similar to and I will look really hard at his games for strategies.
  9. Your Favorite Inner Carbon Blade - SURVEY

    Innerforce T5000
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The mistakes you make on serve return are normal for everyone. The goal is to work on reading serve better and in general anticipation. It is my current project so for me, some things that have worked. 1. Deep breathing to relax before the point starts if I am nervously tense so that time...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yea, but if you block heavy spin, you might not like the results as much - it is a balancing act for sure, you know your game better.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of the things I will recommend to you if your shoulder can take it is to learn a proper pendulum serve. Many players, including myself and even some world class players, do not serve the pendulum serve properly and get suboptimal results doing it. The main thing is to have your elbow very...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Waiting a year to change your rubbers is kinda criminal :D. Makes me wonder how much use you give the rubblers. More seriously, unless you think you are seriously losing grip, wait it out. After you change you can tell if it was worth waiting this long. Because new rubber does play...
  14. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    The saddest part is that while it is pickleball, there is enough there to point out clearly that brokenball is being silly - zeio quoted all the relevant parts and if I felt brokenball was worth taking seriously I would read the papers. "...Since rubber surfaces are outlawed in pickleball, only...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Respect for trying. Your choice of downgrade and your method for assessing whether the change works misses the point but kudos for trying. No one is saying that your loops will be faster if you use exactly the same technique with a slower blade. In fact a faster blade makes producing quality...
  16. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    For the record, I had the engineering degree years before I started playing TT. You seem to have a very bad memory for academic credentials, often making them up for players you respect and disparaging those of people you don't like. In any case there is no point making up for your low level...
  17. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    Seriously, you don't know how to play table tennis. You parrot a lot of things that betray an ignorance of what it actually takes to play high level tennis. Then you hide behind claims about understanding a system with mathematics that even the mathematicians who model it will tell you that...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have gone through a rough patch at work and school (as well as dealing with my kids' sleep issues) so while there is outstanding school work and work work, I finally got my priorities straight and decided to play TT on Friday, Saturday and today :D. I went with my new Joola setup on Friday...
  19. WTT Macao 2023

    I wouldn't go as far as let him win. WCQ clearly outplayed him and Ma Long knew he had no chance. But Ma Long will not be counted out of the Olympics on the basis of this result and ML winning here would have boosted his case for being able to handle fast opponents more. WCQ already has a help...
  20. WTT Macao 2023

    They are battling for an Olympic spot, a loss in this match would have hurt WCQ much more than ML. The next battleground is the WTTC and the draw there will be interesting.
Top