Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Anything that forces adaptation in reasonable doses is good, I suspect it is good training for watching the blocker and anticipating the right ball with the right movement and stroke. But definitely one should not hit with someone like that all the time because the adaptations would likely hurt...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    NOt those ones, I thought I would be breaking the law. I do have a Garaydia T5000, which I think is the Schlager Carbon remake but I have never put rubbers on it. I also have a Gergely with a modified handle that I bought used. I do have the Garaydia ZLC which is the Amultart with a different...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I tried out a slower blade today hoping to learn something about my game and I think I learned what I needed to learn - even against a short pips backhand player, slow equipment hurts my game because I have become heavily dependent in blade stiffness to confidently smash the ball and spin...
  4. Technique advice for me

    With some important exceptions (and no, Kreanga is not one of them), the backhand is rarely as powerful as the forehand for any individual. Most good backhands are good because of the spin or speed element, not because of the absolute power element. Focus exclusively on getting extremely...
  5. Technique advice for me

    You are doing the right things. Do 2-point backhand footwork drills, where you need to move into position between the backhand corner and the backhand or forehand middle to play backhands. As part of the movement, you need to bow, use your legs and prepare the backswing while moving...
  6. Common Sense Rubbers

    I actually think the whole setup is too fast especially the forehand rubber because he is using that particular blade. That said, the most important thing, above all other things, is to have fun and he is clearly having fun since he is putting so much time in. If that setup is what keeps him...
  7. Common Sense Rubbers

    Is he using the rubbers in his profile? Or something else?
  8. Common Sense Rubbers

    The thing with equipment holding back a player is that you never know until the player actually tries something else. Thankfully like you said he is interested in trying something else out. It is hard to develop range and good ball feeling on equipment that is too fast. For me, too fast...
  9. Common Sense Rubbers

    He is using a looping blade with looping rubbers right? Or is he using a Sardius or Primorac Carbon or Schlager Carbon? Trying to get some info on speed.
  10. Common Sense Rubbers

    This is arguably true but I think the words "fast equipment" hide a lot of details - not all fast setups can be mastered easily by attackers or defenders and it is possible to go too slow as well. Let's just say that part of the coach's responsibility is to ensure that the player is using...
  11. TTD vs Craig Bryant and USATT rating estimate

    The two guys he lost to had pimples-out chopping attacker styles.
  12. Common Sense Rubbers

    Is that rubber still alive? Is Bryce as well?
  13. Common Sense Rubbers

    G1 is still a fairly advanced rubber to be honest. The sponge hardness requires good contact. I would think 1400-1700 is more like 1800-2100 USATT but it isn't a science for sure.
  14. Common Sense Rubbers

    Your equipment is more up to date than mine! Happy to see you back!
  15. Common Sense Rubbers

    Beeray?? Is that you??
  16. Common Sense Rubbers

    So here is a video from a TT channel that I love (has some transcribed tutorials and good lessons). There are no transcriptions on this particular video but you can get the general idea that the rubbers around 4:25 are recommended for this thread.
  17. SOLD: Excellent condition Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

    You can get G1 from tt11 with the four for 3 deal usually coming close to $30 per sheet. That was probably the basis of your calculation anyways, but just wanted to point that out.
  18. Common Sense Rubbers

    There are lots of rubbers in this class, all largely made before the plastic ball. Donic Baracuda is very spin sensitive, but not fast. There are also Andro Hexer, Tibhar Genius, Xiom Vega Pro (all the same generation as Rakza 7 or Fastarc G1) and even some of the softer versions of these...
  19. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    I hear what you are saying, I think the details need to be tested out. The main thing for me is that I get more spin if I brush thinly with non-tacky rubbers, I am just not as consistent in controlling the ball using them. For me, the main strength of tacky rubbers is how they stop the spin...
  20. French National Championships 2023: B.O.B final !

    Playing at mid distance is a losing proposition against a certain level and speed of player, that Alexis survives such rallies against his brother is not going to last forever.
Top