Search results

  1. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    The crazy thing is that I referred to that video in an earlier version of my response to LDM7.
  2. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Nothing I am saying here is really my original thinking, it is plagiarized stuff.The thing is that the pros (as servers) mix up half long short and half long long serves, and they use the variation to get easy balls off returns that attempt to drop long serves short - usually, the decision to...
  3. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    You ask a lot of questions, I am tempted to provide answers, but I also realize that my answers may not be that helpful to you because they are without context. So I will focus on serve return and leave the rest for some other time. There is no amount of talking that will fix serve return...
  4. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    That's the thing about coaching, everyone does it differently. For me, there are no truly short serves at the U2200 level so I would focus on just looping serves especially the half long ones which don't allow you to mostly use their pace. But I do remember that some players do tty to keep...
  5. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I have to be around a computer and watch table tennis on it to do links as it isn't as easy to do links on a cellphone. And I just haven't watched or written about table tennis as much with family and stuff. Maybe there were some points against the blocker I could do this with? That said ...
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Last comment before moving on - these serves are usually long and should ideally be topspinned not flicked. But if you flick/attack them too early, you think they are short and get into trouble. The serve would likely drift long and be an easy topspin point for you - but only if you realize...
  7. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Let's look at some ball abuse... https://youtu.be/cMQ3TYKUrO8?t=409 These should always be taken with circular technique ( an windmill topspin of sorts, not a smash) unless you practice smashing in drills and have a very very high percentage. https://youtu.be/cMQ3TYKUrO8?t=440 My favorite...
  8. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I suspect if you played him without the history and the pressure from it that you put on yourself, you would have won (that's my opinion). You have lot of the right tools, the key is to combine them to make it work, a little less power, a bit more placement, but stepping to the right place to...
  9. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Your hard work and your initiative in seeking coaching has done you a lot of good. The level of opposition might be different, but your technique is much cleaner here. You are playing over the ball on both sides with solid topspins and not flat shots. A radical difference to me from the last...
  10. Looking pure Wood blade for developing my skill , Korbel etc

    Aria is closer to a Korbel or Korbel speed which are typical 5 ply looping blades. Yes the modern blades for the plastic ball have thinner harder outer plies not sure why the plancello of the Mazunov (which was also used on the diode/JSH) fell out of fashion because it is also a hard outer ply...
  11. Looking pure Wood blade for developing my skill , Korbel etc

    I know many good learners/players, usually young, who didn't spend a notable period with a 5 ply thin blade if at all. With the modern ball, it might even be a hindrance for some players. I think adult learners need them if they have a specific feeling problem, but I know many good learners...
  12. Looking pure Wood blade for developing my skill , Korbel etc

    IT has been EOL for over a decade now - the thing is that the design is classic and people in Japan keep it alive because it is so good. When Boll signed mine, he went out of his way to say it was a great blade. It is a hard and fast blade, but *relative to its speed*, and that is the important...
  13. WTT Champions Macao 2022

    lolol.
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hahaha - when I try to do footwork, while the technical movements are important, the key for me is stable elbow position. That is why I think you need to develop a backhand stroke because it will affect your forehand as well. When you develop stable elbow position, then you try to get into...
  15. Looking pure Wood blade for developing my skill , Korbel etc

    I'm late to the party but for an advanced player who is addicted to all wood, the best blade with the new ball is the Butterfly Mazunov. The only issue is the head size/weight might make it harder to use with modern rubbers for some players but if you can reduce the head size a little on the...
  16. kristian Karlsson lost to Kanak Jha!!???

    People keep underestimating Kanak to their own surprise. They keep refusing to accept that he is young and improving and delivering on the predictions that he could be top 20 some day which was expected when he was very young given some of the results he showed. In this case, Karlsson's...
  17. kristian Karlsson lost to Kanak Jha!!???

    World Table Tennis Youtube channel. You have to look for the live stream as they hide it after.
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I agree a lot with Takkyu, LDM7 has an adult learner game where the arm is always adjusting to the ball position because the footwork isn't putting the body in the right place for the strike zone to give good impact. But we are all there but unless you realize that you need to try to play the...
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    There is no easy answer - a lot of it comes together with years of practice and experience as some muscles get stronger and other things become natural. backhand. Elbow position is the key to a lot, even more than the grip. And racket head speed beyond that, The thing about grip is that if you...
Top