Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    HI, LDM7, Have Der Echte serve you long serves for an hour or two, both good long serves and lousy long serves. Almost all no spin and topspin, both weak and heavy, maybe some light backspin. Your requirement is to play a stroke on all those balls. Not a block, not a stab, not a push, a...
  2. Loop arc height over the net

    You make a good point which gets into the subtleties of equipment - Butterfly had a very good video comparing the 05,80 and 64 pimple configurations that was one of the best tutorials on how some rubbers support brushing/looping better than hitting/blocking and vice versa. Of course, with...
  3. Loop arc height over the net

    Questions like this are usually best posed to good players around you. In general, if you need more arc/spin relative to your equipment, brush more. If you want more speed relative to your equipment, drive more. A lot of it comes from practice and training and trying to see what happens with...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Maybe I didn't sufficiently convey my happiness at being able to play again. I underestimated the muscles I used to play TT, having played for so long and then not played for so long, this is the surest I remember being after playing ever. But for me TT has a massive dopamine release, I can...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Best loops against a chopper are to the middle. But it isn't an easy thing to do in matches as most of us are used to looping cross court and down the line almost all the time.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I remember retiring in early 2021 or something as a result of my nagging shoulder and back problems in addition to my global arthritis. And of course, the kids. Young mouths are expensive to feed and I fear it is not going to get any cheaper. So I didn't go to the club to hit a ball for most of...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As someone with pretty harsh arthritis, I have found two things helpful - muscle development to stabilize joint and eating a lot less sugar.
  8. Kanak Jha

    The funny thing when I read all these comments is that I remember someone who I used to hang around with who was a CNT fanboy of the highest order. We hung together in around 2015/2016. He felt that Kanak had perfect strokes and the best technique in North America. Technique is so...
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I echo what DerEchte said but I would put it differently, I think you were trying to play a specific style because of the pips though I would argue that that style made you miss too many forehands by taking them too early and made you feel you had to rush the opponent. Pips are still effective...
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I agree with this, my view is that if Gozo finds a ready position to play out of faster out of which he feels comfortable playing both forehands and backhands and returns to that position (or something that feels like that position) after every shot, he will do better. Some of this comes with...
  11. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I wouldn't say shorten the stroke so much as complete your stroke faster. By saying complete your stroke faster, I mean get back to a ready position from which you can quickly transition to play a forehand or a backhand because you should be playing in these drills out of a ready position of...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Good videos - your forehand technical base is now better than your backhand's technical base - your preparation with the left foot is pretty strong - to bridge the gap, you need to recover better after the shot and learn to use your legs and a slight squat/lean to drive the backhand as well...
  13. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    Is Polcanova clearly better than Adriana? Just curious as to whether the same criticisms will be made (she does have a few better wins, but is she going to get the same top 10 criticism)?
  14. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    What I find interesting here is the attempt to rescore TT like soccer as if when you score points and when you serve doesnt matter. Just to defend a view that was clearly ignorant of the circumstances under which Truls (who was a clear favorite and the best player on the Swedish national team )...
  15. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    Nothing wrong with defending fringe views, it's your prerogative.
  16. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    The article doesn't make sense, and I honestly struggle to take anything from Emrathich seriously. Truls didn't play the Olympic because of injury and maybe they wanted Kallberg to have a chance since he had displayed better form and Karlsson may not have liked it. But what I will say is that...
  17. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    Karlsson is often injured so without knowing the reason I assume they just put in their best available players. But if they care about a team medal, it is hard to deny Karlsson and Falck a chance. And Truls is their best singles player. The only way he is denied is if Kallberg can overtake him.
  18. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    He used his timeout when it was already too late. But he is young so this kind of stuff is inevitable.
  19. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    You clearly didn't watch the match.
  20. European Table Tennis Championships 2022

    Falck and Karlsom doubles, Moregardh singles, probably Falck as the second player unless Karlsson qualifies directly somehow or injury upsets everything.
Top