Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Pros and cons of technical vs tactical improvement is a balancing act that all adult learners must be aware of.
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I will give you some food for thought and some hope though it is probably a few years away. All things being equal, the topspin stroke (forehand and backhand) is the solution to your problem. It allows you to attack any long ball and even some high over the table balls, as long as you read the...
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    We've all battled with it in various ways, trust me, I have seen quite a few posters on this thread in the US on their bad days. When BRS writes about this, he is speaking from experience, I won't get into the details as those are for him to share. That's why I wrote about the fact that my...
  4. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Gozo, The one thing I will accept without any pushback in what you wrote is that best of 3 is a bummer. The rest, all I will say is that as you compete more and get more perspective, you will get better at all this. Competitive matches are not the same as practice matches especially practice...
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    In my modest opinion, Gozo, you played really well, but as DerEchte pointed out in a different language from what I will use, you haven't played enough TT to understand and appreciate the limitations of your technique and athleticism as you try to hit the ball so hard it doesn't come back and...
  6. Video Footage Safe Thread

    At the risk of overwriting again, another example: Recently, Mizutani was talking about the need for the upcoming Japanese talent to leave Japan and go and play in European leagues. That playing in too comfortable circumstances without the pressure of being away from home, travelling to...
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You're an adult learner. We are in many ways a different breed. When you learn at a time when you have logic and language, you don't see things as skills developed over years of failures and successes, you deceive yourself that you are either good (talented) or bad (untalented). TT is a...
  8. WTT Champions (European Summer Series 2022)

    In LGY's case, there might be something more serious at play. Completely lost the ability to put the ball on the table for long stretches of play in the 6th and the 7th.
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Speak a bit more personally, TT was very important for me for developing skills that can help with how to think about life with a growth mindset. I started playing in 2011 and thr first rating I got at my first tournament was 563 I think. I lost to two kids and the only person I beat at my first...
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I suspected you hadnt played long but wasn't sure. I think a lot of your improvement will come as you play more. The biggest thing is to continue to add more spin and ball control to your game and to read thr game faster and faster and those things come with playing more and more against...
  11. Video Footage Safe Thread

    How long have you been playing for and what are your TT goals? I know you asked a question but whenever I see an adult hobbyist who has a decent ball control/blocking game, I am usually curious.
  12. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Gozo, Yout left foot needs to be spun a bit more so that your chest faces the ball when you loop underspin. That is what I would work on so your body turns and not just your arm.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You also use Tacky rubber on your forehand I believe - not sure about your backhand. Twiddling might make a huge difference if not.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    More bench squats, Rich!😜
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    While adjusting to the sidespin...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Haha. From personal experience, his TT level is toast.
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You have really good backhand structure.
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    It depends on how you want to play. There are no easy answers in table tennis. But yes, stepping away from the table is one way to gain time though it can coat you other things. But in the rally most people move slightly back. I am saying that as long as you can anticipate the ball and you...
  19. TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH | TableTennisDaily Team | TTDSL S1 Ep 6

    Yeah. Zero chance against Macbeath. It is good that they won all the interesting matches.
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Usually playing distance is adjusted to the tempo of the point but these are drills. In reality you would back up to where you feel comfortable seeing the play evolve (which might even only.be a foot or two further than where you are currently standing) and then you would get to your backswing...
Top