Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    He is healing and helping a lot of 40+ people. It's all relative though.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Go watch the kneesovertoesguy, his stuff on youtube can be inspirational on the impact of building muscles around bad joints.
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    One of the advantages of team competition is that usually your teammates can watch and coach you. But I will strongly recommend to adult learners who play matches in singles competition that they have a friend, especially a higher rated player or coach who is familiar with their level and...
  4. Video Footage Safe Thread

    If he serves with LP, there is barely any spin on the ball worth respecting or usually light topspin. You probably didn't realize this and kept trying to do things to the ball based on his service motion rather than returning all the balls the same way which is however you loop or return no-spin...
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I answered the way I did because some people do not realize that for some older players, you are forcing them to adjust to serve rules that did not exist when they played most of their matches. That doesn't completely excuse illegal serving, but it helps to put it in context. So I don't like...
  6. Live steam Mima Ito vs Ishikawa right now

    You must be happy - so far this is more like an annihilation than a match.
  7. Live steam Mima Ito vs Ishikawa right now

    Thanks for the linked video. Right now we have Hayata - Kihara.
  8. Video Footage Safe Thread

    It is a mixed bag. I won't pretend to be a guy who hasn't lost a lot of matches using what I now consider the wrong mindset to approach illegal serving. I will remind people that table tennis is very cognitive, both technically and psychologically. Experience is the best teacher. So your...
  9. Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022

    Drinkhall played really well. That said, Quadri hasn't looked good for a while now. Hoping he returns to form at some point on the tour. Good luck with the England vs India matchups tomorrow!
  10. Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022

    It's clear it was related to something about Pitchford on that day.
  11. Video Footage Safe Thread

    There was a blocker I played a lot at tournaments (and don't get me wrong, he was pretty good at blocking because he hit with a lot of high level players and used really fast rackets). Even when I outrated him by 500 points as a 2000+ playing a 1500 player, I almost always lost the first game in...
  12. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You did the right thing, if you can't produce the spin, you don't know how to vary it and place it, so it is step by step! Your play in that video was encouraging and showed a path to serious TT, your future is bright, it is easier to teach someone who plays topspin like you do to move the ball...
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    In my humble opinion, this is a good match by you and a good opponent for you to play against. You can make your forehand better by improving the technique, but the overall approach was sound and I liked the way you kept your rhythm. If you had a good kill shot, this would have been no contest...
  14. Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022

    Yeah, it's clear that the pressure is on Sam.
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The rally can be overrated and it is mostly about how early your strongest weapons come to bear on the point. As great as the CNT players are at rallying, most of their success has come from being able to push lots of serves short so that they know they can get the first attack in. If your...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    It is definitely easier to spin with a slower(less stiff) blade, but spin is not everything, especially at your level, where the time that an opponent has to respond is very critical since they usually can handle the spin. I personally was beginning to use a Mazunov when I stopped playing...
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The danger with being too aggressive over the table is being stuck over the table (or even out of position) when the ball comes back. So it becomes a balance between whether the approach is winning points or losing points in a real match, but hopefully having built the skill in practice...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Nah, you are overvaluing those push rallies. Those push rallies have very little to do with high level pushing. Moat high level deceptive pushing comes in the short or half long game. A proper long push is played off a short ball. The only time you arguably have some justification for practicing...
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You got good advice from everyone. The tight short game is really a high level thing. No one pushes short at the levels you play at. Or serves short and tight. Doing so is really hard. Even top players struggle to keep the ball short consistently. I have watched matches on ittf where a...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The Korean TT scene must be fun, DerEchte likes to carry these practices with him till this day.
Top