Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Still getting to used to the new environment... pretty jarring - I prefer the dark tones...
  2. What is your coaches funny coaching tips expressions?

    "You aren't playing Timo Boll! Your opponent can miss too if you let him."
  3. Korea TTA Final Trial for Tokyo 2020+1 - 1/29, 1/31-2/1, 2/3-2/4

    What happened to Jang Woojin? Automatic spot? EDIT: Just saw it sorry.
  4. Nittaku C1 vs Tenergy fx

    Tenergy is probably faster but they will both do similar things.
  5. 2021 All Japan National Championships

    He has beaten Boll in the German League before.... so not chopped liver...
  6. TTBL Final Four

    Gauzy probably thought hard about his loss to Kallberg and came back more determined.
  7. 2020 Chinese Super League

    Looks like the Mima Ito clone is getting it done!
  8. 2020 Chinese Super League

    Who has been the best player, Wang Chuqin or Ma Long? It is almost cheating to have them on the same team more so since Fan is not around.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Health is decent - knees suck badly, but bigger fish to fry. Have kids now. After being in great shape in August, I have now lived it up a bit with the stress and combined that with bad sleep and not training has led to me dropping a lot of form. Will need to training to get sharp. And will...
  10. 2020 Chinese Super League

    Wonder why they made Fan Zhendong lead a relatively weak team...
  11. ETTU Champions League 2020/2021

    I think Timo wanted to play Shang earlier rather than Franziska. 6 straight points from Boll in the decider...
  12. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    If you read the paper, which is a meta-analysis (so it isn't just one study that is driving the result), you would have noted the conclusion that the lack of a significant advantage of a high quality respirator over a surgical mask in protecting the user from viral illness says something about...
  13. ETTU Champions League 2020/2021

    Both teams pinned their strategy on their ace winning two games and winning the 3rd match. So it lead to the two second strongest players playing the 3rd match, and Kallberg won and gave Duisseldorf some margin. Groth did his job but Pitchford didn't deliver. You can say with hindsight that...
  14. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Baal, You don't have to post here anymore but I asked you 2 simple questions: 1. If asymptomatic spread (which is not the same as pre-symptomatic spread) was shown to be a completely insignificant driver of disease spread (almost zero), or if it was shown that influenza also spreads...
  15. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Feel free to present the studies then. I am always open to what people present. I mean, lots of people are trained to do and believe in all kinds of things, so I am not sure why you make that an argument. After all lots of people are trained to shake hands in the US and that should spread...
  16. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Which is part of the issue, but I will leave that for another time. I don't think anyone who is familiar with brokenball wouldn't treat him sympathetically for reasons beyond his control.
  17. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    If it was shown either that the flu spread asymptomatically or that SarsCov2 didn't spread asymptomatically, would you change your mind? https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03141-3 Accepting your position, if the literature on influenza doesn't show a significant positive effect for...
  18. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    No one should really be finger pointing to anyone when it comes to how the virus has spread. Pandemics like this have been a feature of history from time immemorial . People have caught these things seasonally for centuries and everyone sort of agreed that they were part of life. The change...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am doing okay over here. Have to be grateful for ny current circumstances. Great to hear you are doing okay too.
  20. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Every statement you made up there is one that I have never made - the issue is always context. I have never said that: Covid19 is no big deal (I have said that fear has been used to ramp up compliance with recommendations and mandates, and the fear outstrips the level of risk, which can be...
Top