Search results

  1. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Yes, I am familiar with the analysis that Briand did. I actually watched her video on youtube before it got taken off. I think she made many good points, but that she should have quantified what she meant because her statement on excess deaths got taken literally and it was in some ways...
  2. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    I don't think it is impossible to know either way - I think that in reality, few people are interested in knowing. For example, you haven't acknowledged or challenged my point that all the East Asian countries, whether they be Japan, Korea, Cambodia, China, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand...
  3. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Yes, you were throwing out possibilities but you bunched them altogether in a way that made them all sound like inevitable consequences of covid19, not making a serious distinction between the consequences of covid19 and the consequences of our responses to covid19. That was my view and I...
  4. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    The truth is that no one really knows whether lockdowns worked in China. Or do you know people who were falling down on the streets of Florida or New York while walking? One issue with China when it comes to the science of lockdowns is that you will struggle to find any documentation of what...
  5. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    This is a good theory. What science do you have to back it up? I will give an outline of some of the issues I have with it. We can discuss alternate scenarios in good faith. There have been a variety of tests of sewage or blood samples, some more reliable than others, that have shown that...
  6. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    There are clearly excess deaths. 300K deaths is quite a bit so the issue becomes about cause and whether the approach taken to address covid19 made thing better or made things worse. But I will discuss this later when I have time. Right now I am being accused of watching TV channels that I...
  7. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Since Baal is the expert (and any other experts is free to defend him), where is the science on lockdowns in the literature on handling pandemics for influenza? What analysis does one perform to determine whether lockdowns are the best approach to containing a virus like covid19? Obviously...
  8. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Does Covid19 cause teenage suicides? Work related depression? There seems to be this idea that lockdowns were the only way to contain covid19. Your post aboive continues this idea.
  9. ETTU Champions League 2020/2021

    What a match point!!!!
  10. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Sorry to hear about your case. What do you think you could have done better to avoid/improve your condition?
  11. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Korea is going through winter it seems so cases are rising. But as many studies have shown, the spread is always more than the testing reveals even testing is widespread. Here is one paper that argues that they tested about 600 people in Japan, got 46% seroprevalence and no one got...
  12. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Baal has repeatedly performed character assassination of anyone who disagrees with him. I do not remember ever citing Scott Atlas on this forum because I had stopped discussing Covid19 on TT forums well before Scott Atlas became a lightning rod for covid19 debate. So the fact that Baal...
  13. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Okay. That sounds like a lot but let's put it in context. If we had 3000 deaths a day, that would be over 1mm deaths in the US YTD. So it's more likely you are citing a particular day. Which day? 1. How many people die on an average day in the US? 2. What were the ages of the people that...
  14. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Why didn't you post the second article when you made your initial point? While you admit the risk is small, you get an anecdote from another story/article, use it to scare people, and then mock me for citing research because the research is old, not because the research is wrong. It was...
  15. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/214982#:~:text=Based%20on%20these%20findings%2C%20a,be%20as%20high%20as%2010%25. "Current evidence suggests that the development of myocarditis during acute influenza infection is surprisingly common.5" "Based on these...
  16. ETTU Champions League 2020/2021

    Since the Sporting vs UMMC matchup only listed 3 matches, I assumed UMMC won all 3 trivially and was pleasantly surprised this was not the case.
  17. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Good video and article from the Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2020/12/11/coronavirus-airborne-video-infrared-spread/
  18. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Good you do. I think that if anything is stated, it needs to be checked against the facts. Maybe the US might see enough deaths in the future to have the largest Covid19 crisis in the world. Maybe the total number is all that matters though the context is for a country is the 3rd most...
  19. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    I agree with the thrust of what you are saying. That said, I don't think they "forget", to be honest. Many people are doing the best they can with the recommendations/mandates and I suspect when they realize that their control over the spread of Covid19 is not as strong as they think it is...
  20. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    I am okay with common sense being advocated as common sense. I am okay with it being pushed as common sense in the absence of experimental evidence. But I think it is dangerous to claim common sense is scientific. I think if you do anything in public, wear a mask. What I don't like is that...
Top