Search results

  1. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    Can find a Vanderbilt paper anywhere. Seems to be something that showed up in a report that the newspapers picked up and hasn't be peer reviewed or exposed to independent audit...
  2. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    This is true. That said, with other countries, you also have other confounders if you are thinking about the problem scientifically. In fact, I believe that the main reason why people overestimate the impact of masks is that they look at what happened in East Asian countries and focus on mask...
  3. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    I agree with this - I do think the first paper is bad but I agree with the overall message. One of the things that led me to start taking potential issues with masks seriously was when Deborah Cohen of BBC Newsnight said that the WHO recommendations on mask wearing changed not because of new...
  4. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    I have looked at the Kansas study - if the study were against masks, you would see the problems with it more clearly. Even before the study was published by the CDC, Kansas had used it to advocate mask use. And critics noticed the problem (see the article below from the WSJ). Kansas Health...
  5. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    I agree on Vitamin D, which for whatever reason is not advertised by the CDC or the media, but arguably has much stronger evidence in its favor than masks, especially for the dark-skinned, ethnic minority populations in the Northern hemisphere that are affected by covid19...
  6. Covid-19 outbreak at US table tennis tournament

    For people interested in the measures the ICC took and the details of their experience with covid19 before this incident, a thread is here: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic89239_page2.html#1106109 FWIW, I find a lot of the posts here to assume a bit much about the state of covid19 in...
  7. Vladimir Samsonov vs TableTennisDaily’s Dan!

    There is a recent blade review video.
  8. Looking for offensive all-wood blades

    BTW, I have tried to list the Mazunov (so I can review it) in the equipment center. No one has processed my request for whatever reason...
  9. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    I would beg to differ for a serious high level offensive player. Samsonov comes to mind...
  10. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    Well, let's just say that I am playing people good enough to handle my spin, so it can't be all I have. Moreover, the blocking capabilities of the Mazunov are unparalleled. Just saying...
  11. World Table Tennis Macao 2020

    Yep, it is on youtube for sure in the USA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0f0gXeGiNI
  12. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    That was when I still thought spin was effective. It doesn't get you quite what it used to with these ABS plastic balls. Also I step back a bit more often now. Hard to loop the ball with a short stroke without knees with those slower blades. Even worse if you are blocking a couple of feet...
  13. World Table Tennis Macao 2020

    The 5 point games were for seeding the top 4 players - why is this left out whenever we talk about the 5 point games? Does anyone want the top players to expend energy in games to 11? Or we would rather the games not be played than to see them play 5 point games? I liked seeing the games...
  14. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    The best player I know who started as an adult uses a JM SZLC. The Mazunov is the only thing that I know comes close in speed that is all wood. How you guys use those slowish looping 7 plies, I really have no clue.
  15. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    Nothing special vs a Korbel. You can get one under 100g and there are ways to manage the weight. Definitely a spinny blade that can compete with fast composites. Now more OFF than OFF+.
  16. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    Wrist effect is misconceived, ultimately the speed/acceleration rotational element of the contact is all that matters for spin and the wrist isn't the only thing generating this. I find it interesting that no one brings up the Mazunov. For a combination of speed and feeling as an all wood...
  17. Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

    Definitely not the same for everyone and sometimes, not even the same for the same person at two different points in their life. People also underestimate the impact of the inner plies as well. I personally prefer the feeling of Ayous to Kiri, and I find that in many cases more important than...
  18. Return of International TT Matches

    It was fun for Gustavo to remind us why not all Chinese players are certainties to win vs international competition at any given time.
  19. Mazunov

    Product information... View for more details
Top