Search results

  1. Dusseldorf Masters 2020

    It isn't easy for any country to have more than one generational player and IMHO, Germany imported one as well to get two. Germany may not be at quite the same level after Boll retires and I don't think Dima will age as gracefully as Timo. But Germany will clearly be one of the top European...
  2. My thoughts on Dignics 09c

    Yes, which is why Freitas and Apolonia left Tibhar for Butterfly when they were required by Tibhar to use MX-P instead of Tenergy 05.
  3. Best Rubber for aggressive blocking and counter looping

    Don't try to substitute the effort required to improve with equipment changes. It doesn't work. You can play like Waldner with almost any modern inverted rubber, it all depends in what you are trying to do.
  4. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    Mi Hirano also has a WTTC bronze medal. He level has fallen quite a bit in competitive results since then but Japan is not China, in China, they would have figured our how to fix her by now. You seem to think that you can make any argument to avoid the facts but the decline of Hirano is not...
  5. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    Ma Long had won every title (continental) in existence except the WTTC and the Olympics. He even has a World Cup in 2012 which Chen Meng lacks. Not even close. Chen Meng is a good player so this is all just stuff and it is borderline nitpicking. It is just stuff to point out when someone...
  6. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    What has Chen Meng won? It isn't about rating her highly but that she lacks major titles.
  7. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    Chen Meng is probably my favorite lady player, no need to infer dislike from criticism.
  8. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    So Sun Yingsha and Ding Ning know how to deal with pressure and Chen Meng and Wang Manyu don't? ;)
  9. Testing Zoran Primorac's Table Tennis Bat!

    The innerfiber T5000 used to exist, it didn't solve all the problems you noted though. I still have a couple but I haven't tried them in a while. The problem with T5000 is the arc, for modern play you don't get spin on the ball so it places more limits on the shots you can play. At lower...
  10. FREE to View: 30 Coaching Tutorials in 30 Days

    This is a great video. There is one similar video I remember, but this is better.
  11. How to Play Like Ma Long: Secrets to Chinese Coaching (Not Clickbait)

    If you watch Ma Long in matches, especially when he is counterlooping cross court, it is very hard to say that Jang Woojin is exaggerating. I once told a friend that Ma Long uses more wrist than Timo Boll when looping. He thought I was joking but when he looked closely, he saw what I meant.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah but in some countries that is not an option.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is just logical, people are going to where there are clubs open that they can train. If I were in Europe and played professionally, I would likely be in Sweden as well. Who really wants to deal with all the barriers to practice? In some countries, top players are forced to hit with robots...
  14. SARS-CoVID-2/ CoVID-19/ CoronaVirus: Information Only from Well Informed Members

    What would be the positives and negatives of wearing a cycling mask while playing table tennis?
  15. Styles Are Conforming, Is Table Tennis Getting Boring?

    Tennis also witnessed a change in and convergence of styles with the advent of synthetic strings. I don't think anyone is blaming that for lower interest in tennis, though I know a few people who wish tennis would go back to the good old serve and volley vs baseliner days. I have always felt...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have been wondering how TT will be played when it gets back to normal. It's interesting that the TT demographic in America largely consists of people who are at risk for contracting this disease given their age profile. I personally have treated this disease largely in my head as a disease I...
  17. SARS-CoVID-2/ CoVID-19/ CoronaVirus: Information Only from Well Informed Members

    What is the barrier to mass producing a therapy like this? Does the SarsCov1 survivor repeatedly have to donate via blood? Or is it so expensive that it will require massive capital investments and will thereafter be available only to the rich?
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes. In fact, originally I considered switching to it on both sides. I decided to postpone that because it wasn't as obvious it was better on the backhand for me - in fact, it is quite possible that Tenergy 05 Hard is too much for me on the backhand but the rubber plays similarly enough to...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Have been testing Dignics 09C. It is about what I expected and it makes my forehand much more versatile and stable. The sponge is fast enough and you get the beauty of Chinese rubber on pushes and chops but it isn't as tacky and sticky though it has *some* stickiness. I suspect that price...
  20. Japanese League - T.League 2019/2020

    What makes you think they are impressive now? I am fairly sure he has been a strong player for a while now.
Top