Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I now have a new chant ‐ "So-lay!" And I raise the arm to acknowledge my good fortune when I win a point off a net or an edge after a good rally. And yes, it is inevitably in the spirit that DerEchte described.
  2. Better Equipment?

    Get a good coach and take lessons and if you already do, give your blade to your coach and ask him what you should do - equipment changes don't make you improve that much, but they are really helpful when your technique gets better as you can take advantage of better technique and hit better...
  3. WIN A SIGNED Simon Gauzy blade

    11-2 Gauzy...
  4. German League TTBL Final 2020 (Covid)

    Matchups - Karlsson is good at playing against fast/power players and has more issues against precise/control players.
  5. German League TTBL Final 2020 (Covid)

    Who does he lose to that justifies that analysis? How would you describe Wong Chun Ting?
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    He is obviously too slow for you - it would be interesting to see what happened to your strokes against a player fast enough to put you under pressure. Many of your strokes don't go into the ball towards the traditional finish position so that is what drives the extra length. You shorten the...
  7. BH and FH Rubbers

    Yes. For a certain player it might.
  8. BH and FH Rubbers

    It is really a matter of experiment, T05FX is soft, but is not the kind of rubber people used to call soft. That said the plastic ball has changed a lot of things. Below is my opinion, but it is only for me. If I used FX though, I would use it in 2.1mm to be honest. I tend to use harder...
  9. BH and FH Rubbers

    This thread is still on TTD. https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19780-How-an-inverted-setup-works-explanation-by-Stefan-Feth It references this post from a high level player and coach...
  10. I got coached by Timo Boll's coach!

    The timing of this video is interesting as the three major issues he talked about are three biggest issues I have identified for practice in my game: 1. Taking the ball later on serve return. 2. Generating more spin on the forehand by snapping my wrist in to the ball more intensely. 3...
  11. SARS-CoVID-2/ CoVID-19/ CoronaVirus: Information Only from Well Informed Members

    Anything to this? https://blog.23andme.com/23andme-research/23andme-finds-evidence-that-blood-type-plays-a-role-in-covid-19/
  12. SARS-CoVID-2/ CoVID-19/ CoronaVirus: Information Only from Well Informed Members

    They just walked it back. Look for the press report.
  13. BH and FH Rubbers

    It isn't so much lower power as consistency given a swing speed. You aren't going to be able to get as much power and consistency on the backhand as the forehand because the strike zone for the stroke is much smaller and harder to adjust to the ball. Therefore using a softer rubber to...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your technique and movement is better than mine, I may hit a better ball sometimes with pure strength though that is debatable. You probably need more random drills to bring out your true footwork and stroke deficiencies close to the table. Good luck and hope you share more video and matches...
  15. My thoughts on Dignics 09c

    Yes, after being cut. I started the main experiment with T05H and Dignics 09C can't be that different.
  16. My thoughts on Dignics 09c

    It was maybe 2 to 4 grams per sheet. Not much, but for me a big difference since I hate head heavy stuff and use hard sponges. I don't get much more out of thicker hard sponge.
  17. My thoughts on Dignics 09c

    I use Dignics 09C and I like it a lot - use it in 1.9mm to take care of the weight.
  18. My thoughts on Dignics 09c

    He had many injuries as well, let's not remain entirely focused on the mental issues.
Top