Search results

  1. Advice on BH technique?

    It is probably better you don't, it always looks worse on video than your brain pretends it was.
  2. Backhand change Dignics 05 to 09c or.....

    Yep. Mine clearly degraded compared to my new sheets but I still play well with them.
  3. Adam Bobrow vs World no. 7 Lin Yun-Ju

    Adam always puts in effort to win. His style just doesn't register with what most people think is serious table tennis. But one of the reasons that people don't let like Adam is because it is a hard style. Lin was just way too strong for it to matter.
  4. Adam Bobrow vs World no. 7 Lin Yun-Ju

    Everything was sick. It kinda reminded me of when I played Filip Szymanski in a handicap match at Westchester (I was spotted seven points). I won the first game 11-1. It was downhill from there. I couldn't put a ball past him and the ball kept thing back with crazy spin from incredible...
  5. Backhand change Dignics 05 to 09c or.....

    09c is IMO more about being able to take bigger swings at the ball close to the table because of the tackiness. If that is what you are looking for then go for it. But it definitely isn't the fastest rubber out there. Openers are still largely about your effort IMO.
  6. Backhand change Dignics 05 to 09c or.....

    If you want a looping rubber, sure but if you want to punch and block, not the best fit. If you don't topspin consistently and powerfully, it is hard to get the ball moving with D09c.
  7. Backhand change Dignics 05 to 09c or.....

    Definitely D80 or D64. D09C is likely a step in the wrong direction.
  8. Looking for advices on forehand

    Try to get something that shows the lower body. You are overusing the upper arm on some shots but the stroke looks good.
  9. Is my fast blade a “crutch”?

    Hinoki has a feeling that for some people discourages giving good impact to the ball. But your post is very valuable as I think people sometimes miss the essence of providing a high quality ball is to look for technique/timing that produces it, not necessarily to mimicking everything a pro does...
  10. Is my fast blade a “crutch”?

    I think you should use whatever you want. It won't make your game that much better or worse - the main thing is that you enjoy playing with it and the rest becomes a matter of training hours. IMHO, the key to fast equipment is to play for the rally and the key with slower equipment is to...
  11. 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

    Kihara and Harimoto should have something to say about that no?
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sanity is greatly underrated in these days of Covid19.
  13. Adam Bobrow vs World no. 7 Lin Yun-Ju

    Yeah I once told people that I felt he hits a higher quality ball than Lin Gaoyuan. You look at his build and you would never believe it but you can see the trouble his opponents have with his spin level. I also found the video excerpt of his weight training interesting. It looked like Fido...
  14. SARS-CoVID-2/ CoVID-19/ CoronaVirus: Information Only from Well Informed Members

    Is this good enough to help us get our lives back to normal? https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/health/covid-19-convalescent-plasma-eua-white-house/index.html
  15. CNT's Mock Olympics

    To be a bit imaginative, Lord Mizutani has a chance as well. It is a tiny chance but he has a victory over Xu Xin and can play at the relevant level.
  16. CNT's Mock Olympics

    Thanks for the detailed analysis. I understood the strategy when I saw the full pairings. The problem is that you need to get your best player in singles in early (Liang) and I guess his being the only righty in the team made him hard to fit into the dual match slot. But delaying him until...
  17. CNT's Mock Olympics

    Maybe only Wang wanted to play Ma Long. I don't blame the others for being so scared lol. Ma Long was fire today!
  18. CNT's Mock Olympics

    Wang Chuqin pushed a lot of half-long serves into the forehand - he must have believed the hype of Ma Long's serve. Yet the two times he looped the serves in the game I remember, he won the point. I suspect his inability to read serve length is only exploitable by CNT.
  19. CNT's Mock Olympics

    Finally one game lives up to the hype!
  20. CNT's Mock Olympics

    Amongst immortals, sure...
Top