Search results

  1. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    No, this is not true at all. Again you are focused on just one thing. The coaches have a more intimate view of these things. They will only leave Ding and Liu out if they truly believe that the problems are not fixable. And given how much adaptation those 2 have done throughout their...
  2. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    They may select Chen Meng, but the idea that someone cannot fix their game in 6 months to beat an opponent that they couldn't beat prior has been debunked multiple times in the past. If you remember there was a time that it was believed that the Chinese had decided Ito around this time last...
  3. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    I have had a fever for the past 3 days and I am not sure what to make of it. But other than my difficulty digesting food, it hasn't been terrible. But I have had to sleep a lot. Since I am. Ot showing any major respiratory symptoms I consider it a stomach flu. But I did have to miss work on...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Changing equipment comes with its share of frustrations... I now have to admit to myself that my current setup is too fast for me. In this case, I have grown to love the rubber but the blade just doesn't give me the comfort I need to use the rubber when blocking. I switched the slowest Carbon...
  5. Qatar Open 2020

    National team sponsor is Butterfly. But his sponsor is Victas.
  6. Qatar Open 2020

    I don't think you are being entirely fair to Ito and yes Chen Meng has that Li Xiaoxia extra power thing working for her. Sometimes it is annoying to feel like nothing is working and at a certain point it hurts your mood regardless of how calm you are because you do care about the results. I...
  7. Qatar Open 2020

    I dispute it. She will play singles only if they believe wh wa t she did against Ito is something only she can do. She was probably the favorite for teams anyways but the Ding Meng combo needs work.
  8. Qatar Open 2020

    The difference is that he won. XX lost. If Pitchford wins, we can discuss. FZD rises to the occasion under pressure.
  9. Qatar Open 2020

    I think FZD this morning reminded me that he has grown a lot. He managed to do things that Ma Long couldn't do and it open ed up the one weakness in Wang's game. If Liam does it, more power to his elbow and wrist.
  10. Qatar Open 2020

    Amazing victory. Anyone still singing Xu Xin for Olympic Singles?
  11. Qatar Open 2020

    It looks like Gauzy has show that Europeans can't use standard technique at their height vs Chinese balls and they need to learn to come across their bodies with their arms as necessary.
  12. Qatar Open 2020

    I can't blame them. Pitchford clearly had to get his confidence back from all the prior bashing that Xu Xin had given him. But I would never have believed Pitchford had improved this much, like I said before, Gauzy has put something in Pitchford's water. Victas and Japan must have helped a...
  13. Qatar Open 2020

    Gauzy inspires Pitchford for sure.
  14. Qatar Open 2020

    That Fan Zhendong can find the wide forehand of Wang Chuqin with almost every shot is preternatural. You can't fo that even in computer games.
  15. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    Not the kind of thing you should share since it sounds so obviously unreliable. That said, the quality of the match that Meng plays against Ito will dictate a lot. And I still believe that any of the top Chinese will do better with specific internal preparation. The loss of Ding Ning though...
  16. Qatar Open 2020

    That was annihilation.
  17. Qatar Open 2020

    Gauzy is doing some amazing things but it is almost a year too late. I am still upset with him for not beating Falck.
  18. Qatar Open 2020

    Wang: Play me when I am fresh
  19. Qatar Open 2020

    Am I the only one who finds it crazy that possibly the best player in the world is warming the bench for the CNT?
Top