Search results

  1. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    I know you of old too. Everyone is right qns wrong about things, including you and me. Life teaches you humility and perspective and unfortunately people who don't know what someone is driven by often fail to appreciate where he is coming from. I have been diagnosed with autoimmune issues for...
  2. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    The question is *why*. I don't dispute the death rates are higher. If that is what you mean by more dangerous, then sure. Causal mechanisms. People die from all kinds of diseases. If most of the people dying right now are people with co-morbidities, especially people with high blood...
  3. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    I never told people who didn't agree with me to "F*ck themselves". Again, if you can't see that being rude is an issue that runs both ways, then you are just being nice to those who you agree with. The causal mechanisms will ultimately determine which is more dangerous. Statistics are what...
  4. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    This is bull. When you say something is more serious than the flu, you have to have an objective basis in fact. This is not more serious than the flu. People are dying does precisely the same reasons. It is only uncalled for in the sense that you do not agree. This is not more serious than...
  5. Xiom Omega 7 Hyper and Vega X

    tt-japan has for $50, I bought in 2.1mm. I wasn't thrilled by the rubber vs T05H.
  6. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    People die left and right because of the flu too. You just don't care about them.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am still practicing and I have stories. Switched to a slighty slower blade with a handle I have already modified ( considering modifying the handle on my old blade but I haven't decided yet). Trying to move, loop and counterloop much more aggressively. It is all work in progress. They...
  8. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Confirmed means the person was diagnosed with the disease. Not everyone diagnosed needs treatment.
  9. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    How did you miss the # confirmed?
  10. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    The Olympics is months away. If it isn't contained by then it will never be.
  11. Yasaka sweden extra

    I never lacquered it. I think a blade that needs to be lacquered is just a blade you shouldn't buy.
  12. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    In controlled conditions what is the projection?
  13. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Many people won't get tested and it will drive up the rates for the death rate. As the article I sent showed many are asymptomatic. So the virus is not going to have good statistics that reflect the truth about the disease. If you are in a risk category or you take care of someone in a risk...
  14. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Isn't it a coronavirus? Is he saying that because the flu and Sars 1 don't have any patterns or is he saying that because he wants to be cautious as a scientist? There are other virologists who have said that these kinds of viruses tend not to do well and propagate as well in warmer...
  15. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    But what makes you so sure that the exposure vectors are not already formidable? And given that most people who catch the virus recover fairly quickly, what is the main goal? The Olympics will also be held during the summer. Flu isn't a big deal then. Isn't it more likely than not this...
  16. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    The virus is going to spread whether we like it or not. The question is whether what not having the Olympics actually achieves.
  17. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    The same Ding Ning who beat Mima Ito a month prior? IT is easy to overstate the importance of one match in the scheme of things. No matter how bad a beating it is one match. The risk of losing is there with any opponent so it is not just about that. Note that Ito was similarly hopeless when...
  18. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    You aren't answering the question. Why did Chen Meng have a devastating record vs LSW and still lose to LSW in the WTTC finals? The same can be caused about Chen Meng AND Zhu Yuling and their recent records before last year's Asian Cup. Again not saying that Chen Meng can't win vs Ito. I am...
  19. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    If Chen Meng is such a riskless choice, can anyone explain why she has absolutely zero major continental or world titles to her name? Because she brings her best game at those moments?
  20. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    I think Chen Meng has significantly helped her stock. Zhu Yuling or Liu Shiwen may get pulled from an event to give Chen Meng a chance.
Top