Search results

  1. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Your point is well made and taken. In my mind, the researchers would have made the point if that was the goal. But maybe it is being done secretly and that is my blindspot.
  2. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Some or them are clearly misrepresented but let us leave that aside for a second. Are you saying that your grandparents would not be willing to die to guarantee you a better future if they were presented with the issue as a binary choice (forget the political dimension for a second)?
  3. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    My father sent me that a while back and I posted it here. I don't think it is clear to me what that article really means. The bioweapon angle in a lab with such low funding makes me feel some of it is overblown. But I would need more benchmarks for an intelligently evaluation. It read more...
  4. DAN PLAYS SECOND MATCH! | TableTennisDaily Team | Ep 11

    Moses is a very good player, so I don't think it is that straightforward. That said, the one thing I have found consistent with most players who default to a lobbing style is that they almost never play close the table forehand counterloops. So I am a big fan of spinning with heavy topspin to...
  5. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    The incompetence continues... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez7htYA5280
  6. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Looks like CNN is finally beginning to realize that it can't continue to advocate mindlessly for locking down the whole economy. Smerconish yesterday and this today. https://youtu.be/92ro9jN0b4E
  7. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    The interviewee, who is a Professor at Stanford Medical school, believes that mask wearing and hygienic practices seemed to slow the disease spread in every situation he looked at even before the advent of social distancing. His issue with the 2mm number was that it didn't track with any data...
  8. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    The interviewee in this video argues that if the coronavirus had been left to spread in America, it was more likely to have killed 200K people in total than the 2 million people predicted by Ferguson and the Imperial College. He is worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-sZdfLcEk&
  9. DAN PLAYS SECOND MATCH! | TableTennisDaily Team | Ep 11

    Didn't notice - did see the new note at the beginning and I thoroughly enjoyed both versions.
  10. DAN PLAYS SECOND MATCH! | TableTennisDaily Team | Ep 11

    I would argue it is really smashing technique and practice, Pocket Rocket plays too many topspins so Moses has to do less with the ball. Moses is pretty good at attacking too, so he doesn't give you points off like most people with that style, but in any case, it is a very hard style to play...
  11. DAN PLAYS SECOND MATCH! | TableTennisDaily Team | Ep 11

    I watched the whole thing without noticing any of the resolution issues. Must be very technical.
  12. Reverse engineering chinese dominance

    Agreed. It is what happens on a smaller scale when top talent is sent to German or French league teams to train and improve with better players.
  13. DAN PLAYS SECOND MATCH! | TableTennisDaily Team | Ep 11

    When does the lockdown affect you guys? When were the matches filmed and how many more episodes can we expect before we fully get depressed by a lack of new table tennis from the TTD squad?:p
  14. Reverse engineering chinese dominance

    Those national rubbers are available to Korean and Japanese players. Korea has DHS sponsored players (Jang Woojin) and many other players who use Hurricane in forehand. Japan has women who use Hurricane (Ishikawa, Hayata). None of these players would use inferior rubber if it was all they had...
  15. Reverse engineering chinese dominance

    If you think it is mostly the short receive advantage, then why are other countries that are using Chinese rubber not doing as well as the Chinese do? How long should we wait to see the other countries that use Chinese rubber catch up? It is a lot of things but the biggest one is the...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That doesn't sound good but I am hoping it is a bit faster than that. But I also play very close to the table so my needs are usually a bit different.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The people who use MX-P that I play against seem to have something extra on their loops. I think right now I have accepted that there is no big need for me to save money and that I can use expensive rubbers for months so I will probably try Dignics 09C soon and keep it on my blade for the rest...
  18. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Looks like people working for the WHO like elements of Sweden's approach: https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/who-lauds-sweden-as-model-for-resisting-coronavirus-lockdown/
  19. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Sounds like the reinfection train is coming to a halt as Baal predicted... https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-south-korean-reactivated-cases-not-reinfected-experts-2020-4
  20. Reverse engineering chinese dominance

    You aren't the first to say that tacky rubber makes a difference - I say it a lot too and my friend who is a top level coach says it all the time. But many Koreans and JNT players are using tacky rubber and even with the new rubber, Dima beat Fan 4-3 in the 7th which he did 2 or 3 years...
Top