Search results

  1. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    One of the guys I like to listen to, David Diamond, who became a speaker on cholesterol because of the problems he saw with the lipid heart disease hypothesis, always liked to mention that most of the processes that caused heart disease raised clotting factors. Since a little knowledge can be...
  2. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Almost all the excess mortality is found in people over the age of 70 (usually with comorbidities acquired over a life of smoking or diabetic physiology). While this is not trivial and life is important, this is something that is almost never communicated when looking at these charts. They...
  3. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Even when people don't speak about R directly, they speak about having 14 days of declining case rates or things like that. Those are all common sense measures of R, I don't think it is wise in general to trust the general public with something that needs an appreciation of exponential...
  4. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Cuomo mentions it quite a bit. It is different in every state/county and it is what states use in a sense to manage their spread. I don't think "never" is fair, strictly speaking.
  5. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Some of it is that it is a fat soluble vitamin, and it is harder for the body to produce and use it optimally if you aren't getting the right fats in your diet.
  6. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    OOOps, wrong video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKcFJ1Yporo
  7. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    So what is the value in Sweden now for comparison?
  8. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    https://youtu.be/v2r1cnTUnkE?t=112 Anyone think that Trump can do that in NY?
  9. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    What do you think of this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXw3XqwSZFo
  10. I am 15 years old, what is the chance of becoming a professional?

    Goes back to human nature. There are people who think Samsonov is over the hill and should retire and people who think he should continue playing as long as he can. I believe that you should play as long as you enjoy playing and that if you want to review your old record, you can go to the...
  11. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    I agree with a lot of this (much more than my response communicates) but I also know that people who often claim something is evidence based are often stating their own opinion because their evidence is not strong enough to convince people with ease. I have much more training in math and...
  12. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    This is no excuse to lift what? The lockdown on businesses? Maybe one should consider how many people are wearing masks compared to how many didn't before. Compliance has gone way up. And there was evidence that before shutdowns that social distancing was working. How people look at the US...
  13. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    Got it. I think a lot of people are smart enough to discern these things as much as possible. Everyone has bias and maybe I am somewhat biased to listen to DerEchte since we think similarly. But while I have heard anecdotally the same things he says about treatment in Germany and Korea, he...
  14. I am 15 years old, what is the chance of becoming a professional?

    People blaming the rating system for human nature. That said, no one likes to lose a lot. Ratings central had a more complicated view of improvement that was slower and more realistic. But not sure whether people would like that system either.
  15. I am 15 years old, what is the chance of becoming a professional?

    But this is true for players in various ways in competitive settings. I mean, my coach tried to get me to play all levels of players, but I know many players who get bored playing worse players, including myself on some days - no one enjoys playing someone who is not a challenge in some ways...
  16. I am 15 years old, what is the chance of becoming a professional?

    I think it is quite possible that many of those crazy people, including myself, are actually decently employed people to some degree who just carry over their attitude to work or other hobbies to table tennis. I will speak for myself when I say that trying to get good enough to beat most of the...
  17. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXw3XqwSZFo Vitamin D and viral interactions.
  18. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    What I will say is that the new bad rap Chloroquine is getting is a bit of a political thing and I blame Trump in part for unprofessionally promoting it. I will let DerEchte respond but if he doesn't, I will write about what I know or have heard about some of these things.
  19. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    The devil is always in the details. I do agree on the whole with what you have written. That said, I don't see a way with a virus like this in the population to avoid massive casualties. When I was annoyed with leadership, I was really speaking about Trump. I watch his press conferences...
  20. SARS-CoV-2; CoVID-19; Coronavirus; Updates and Information

    I agree and in large part I blame the silly leadership at the top right now. The tone is just completely wrong. That said, you are in Texas and I am in PA - different sensibilities.
Top